Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Aqueous Cream

jayjay Posts: 1

Hello to you all

Both my sisters were diagnosed with breast cancer, both had tumours removed and lymph glands, the first sister went on to have Radiotherapy, which was awful for her. My second sister went on to have chemo and she is now going through radiotherapy, she has been told to use E45 cream over her skin, which is what she has been doing as well as oils that I have bought both sisters from this site. My concern is that she has been given Aqueous cream by somebody who said it is very good for her damaged skin. I have read up on this and have found that it can actually thin your skin, I have told my sister not to use it. Does anyone here have any experience of using this cream, or know anything about it.

Thank you in advance   

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jay

Hi Jay
    I am sorry to hear that both of your sisters have been through breast cancer and I do hope that their treatments have/are being effective in eliminating the disease. 

I have had radiotherapy and I am also in remission from psoriasis.  The medical people prescribed me with two different creams, one of which is aqueous and I have found them both to be effective for me. 

I feel that if the medical people advised your sister to use E45 and you feel uncomfortable about the aqueous cream, it may be best that your sister does not use it.  

Good to hear from you.

Rob 

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jay said:

Hello to you all

Both my sisters were diagnosed with breast cancer, both had tumours removed and lymph glands, the first sister went on to have Radiotherapy, which was awful for her. My second sister went on to have chemo and she is now going through radiotherapy, she has been told to use E45 cream over her skin, which is what she has been doing as well as oils that I have bought both sisters from this site. My concern is that she has been given Aqueous cream by somebody who said it is very good for her damaged skin. I have read up on this and have found that it can actually thin your skin, I have told my sister not to use it. Does anyone here have any experience of using this cream, or know anything about it.

Thank you in advance   

Hi Jay, 

I am so sorry to hear both of your sisters having been diagnosed with breast cancer, that is very hard for you as a family. I do understand though, cancer has ravaged my family too.

It is interesting about the aqueous cream, as Rob has said, definitely follow the lead of your sister's medical team.
    She could mention it to them and see what they say. I used to have it years ago when I had terrible eczema and dermatitis on my hands. But it was prescribed as a wash to use instead of water, not a moisturiser. 
    E45 is very popular, and others find it very effective. I used a Clinique moisturiser which worked for me when I was having radiotherapy. 

I do hope your sister has a better time through radiotherapy than your other sister did, I found it a lot easier than chemo.

How is your other sister doing too?

You are very welcome here, as are your sisters, if you'd like to chat further at any time we are here.

Chat soon, 

Lou x