Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Avastin

JR124JR124 Posts: 37 ✭✭
Hi has anyone been on Avastin? I had my 2nd cycle of it 12 days ago and find I have tummy pain and am totally wiped out! I had 6 chemo but did not feel this tired! Although not sleeping tonight!!

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JR124
    Hi June
    Lovely to hear from you, but I am sorry to hear about your problems with Avastin. 

I have not been treated with it, but I am sure that you will hear from someone who has before too long. 

Have you mentioned your tummy pain to your medical team? I really would do that if I were you, if only for your peace of mind. They may may be able to give you something to help. 

Rob x 
  • JR124JR124 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Hi Rob
    Yes I have an appointment monday. It's not severe but I have read sometimes pain is an issue. I'm awaiting another scan but have to have a PICC line in as my veins have no given up the ghost! Hope all is well with you xx
  • LindaLinda Posts: 9
    Hi June, I had ovarian cancer and had avastin with chemo and twelve treatments of avastin after my initial chemo then an operation then more chemo. It was hard going and we all get different side effects, but it has been nearly a year since my last treatment and I am feeling the best I have in years, I still have partial numb feet and get a few pains in my joints, but as time goes by I feel less of them, perhaps you feel like giving up, but my personal opinion is stick to it, I find I am enjoying life again which I never thought I would. Good luck and take care. 
    Thank you so much that is really good to hear. And very encouraging. I'm glad that you are feeling good! I will stick with it x
    @Linda
    Hi Linda 
    Lovely to read your post and great to hear that you are feeling good and enjoying life again. You deserve it after everything you have been through and your story will give so much encouragement to others facing a similar challenge. 

Rob x 
    @JR124
    Hi June 
    I hope the picc line is not too uncomfortable and that your appointment went well. 
    Rob x 
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JR124

Hi June 

Just been catching up with your news. 
    I do hope the picc line insertion went ok for you, sometimes it can be tricky. Unfortunately it was for me.  I had to have one also as my veins were MIA , lol. I am glad I did though as it did mean not having to go through endless needles etc when having chemo and bloods taken etc. 

How are you feeling now? Did you mention the pain to your oncologist? 

@Linda

Hi Linda, 

Lovely to meet you, thank you for sharing part of your story, it is always good to hear how others are improving and moving forward, even though gradually, coming through the other side of cancer. It is very encouraging, we have had a few stories recently of good news where chemo has been effective, tumours reducing etc. I love to read of these good things.
    I am so glad you are feeling so well, lovely news. I hope you have had a good day, and have a good evening, 

Chat to you again soon, 

Lou x
    Hi All.
    They have decided to do a portacath instead next week. Hes not concerned about the pain as it's now gone.I know it will for the best my poor arm cant take any more lol! 
    Thank you all for your support   x  x