Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Carers Corner

Stent

Joannemartina29Joannemartina29 Posts: 6
edited March 31 in Carers Corner
Hi Lyn My husband was hospitalised after getting his stent in for 5 days. He was in horrendous pain. They kept taking X-ray to check it was in correctly and hadn’t moved. Luckily he came round after a few awful days. 

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joannemartina29, @Lynn20

Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear about your husband. It sounds as if you and your husband have been through a very distressing time already.
    How is your husband doing now? 

A cancer diagnosis is so terrible for everyone involved, I have been on both sides, and sometimes seeing loved ones suffer and feeling unable to help or make a difference is very hard. I hope you have some good support to help you.
    We are here too, as a community we support each other, whether it is to just chat, cry, rant or laugh. You will find many others who understand what you are going through. 
    Feel free to come and chat at any time. 

Thinking of you,

Chat soon

Lou x
  • Joannemartina29Joannemartina29 Posts: 6
    Thank you so much Sunshinedaff . My husband not doing to well chemotherapy making him very unwell. Finding it hard to eat not much of an appetite. Energy levels at a all time low considering he was always on the go before his diagnosis. Very hard to watch. Thank u again it’s good to know there is support out there.
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 1,176 mod
    edited July 2019
    @Joannemartina29
    Hi Joanne

I am so sorry to hear of your husband’s diagnosis. Thank goodness the pain from the stent has finally gone away. 
    I have not experienced chemotherapy but I know from others in our community that it can have very unpleasant side effects.  It is at least good to know that your husband was previously fit and strong which will help him to get through the treatment. 

As Lou has already said, coping with a cancer diagnosis and treatments is distressing for partners and all of the family. The lovely people in this community have been a wonderful source of encouragement and support to me and I hope you will find it the same for you. 

Rob x 
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joannemartina29

Hi Joanne, 

I am really sorry your husband is suffering with the chemo, it affects everyone so differently sometimes. To help me get through it, I made sure to take all the anti-sickness meds I could get, it did make a difference. Let the chemo nurses know about his lack of appetite and difficulties with eating, they may be able to suggest something. I just ate when I could, little and often, whatever it was, and I drank sips of drinks. I would go off things very quickly though and have to search for something else that worked. 

Chat soon, 

Lou x