Ache's and pains all over

I have been taking "Exemestane" for a year now (Tamoxifen 2.5 years previous) and I have a lot of aches and pains all over everyday which I was told side effects from the medication. If I keep moving I feel better, but getting out of bed and up from sitting for a while can be hard work. I am not unfit - I still run, walk alot and go to the gym. Does anyone else experience this, and am I to expect this whilst I am on this medication?  
Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• CloughieCloughie Posts: 11
    I have been taking Lostrizole since September and I have the same. Oncology nurse told me it usually takes 3 months to settle down but if it doesn’t the medication can be changed. 
  • CatcrazyCatcrazy Posts: 5
    Hi Cloughie. For my situation I only had the option of the 2 medications I have taken and taking - same side effects. I can cope with the effects if it's keeping cancer at bay. I just wondered how common it was. Hope yours settle down. 
  • CloughieCloughie Posts: 11
    Sorry to hear that Catcrazy wish I could be more helpful. These side effects are a ‘pain’ !!!! Keep smiling 😊
  • JaneyBJaneyB Posts: 8
    I have tried most of them but they have allowed me to stick to Tamoxifen which, for me, causes the least side effects. The aches are just awful I know. Makes you feel like an old woman. 
    It certainly does make me feel older than I am. It's getting up initially from bed or sitting that's hard work. But once I get moving I am ok. It's when I stop again the aches start. Must just keep moving as much as possible.
  • hessomhessom Posts: 109 Community Admin
    Catcrazy said:
    It certainly does make me feel older than I am. It's getting up initially from bed or sitting that's hard work. But once I get moving I am ok. It's when I stop again the aches start. Must just keep moving as much as possible.
    Hi Catcrazy! Welcome to the community. Maybe you've already thought about this but maybe you could try Yoga? You mentioned that you're fairly active and I know there's some information out about the benefits of yoga for cancer survivors. Might be worth a try if it's suitable for you :) (remember, please do run any major change to your exercise/diet/treatment by your doctor)
    Hi Hessom, Thanks for the tip. I have tried Pilates and Yoga before but never stuck at it because I thought I needed to get to the gym to try and shift the weight I have put on since I have been on the medication. I am going to search for a class tonight that I can access on a regular basis. I am not very flexible so it should help me with that as well. Cheers.
  • hessomhessom Posts: 109 Community Admin
    Catcrazy said:
    Hi Hessom, Thanks for the tip. I have tried Pilates and Yoga before but never stuck at it because I thought I needed to get to the gym to try and shift the weight I have put on since I have been on the medication. I am going to search for a class tonight that I can access on a regular basis. I am not very flexible so it should help me with that as well. Cheers.
    There's a few resources for cancer survivors and yoga on the internet - It's not something i know a huge amount and like I said it's definitely worth talking to a medical professional that can advise better but i hope it helps :) !
  • @Catcrazy I've had sciatica for years and it sounds similar to what you describe - the sitting still and getting up in the morning is by far the most painful part!

I've had trouble sticking to yoga as well, even though every time I actually bother to do it it always makes me feel better! I feel a bit self-conscious in classes, but I've had a bit of success with 'Yoga With Adriene' on YouTube - she has some 30 day courses (totally free) where you do one 20 min video per day, and she's really good at making it easy for beginners and totally non-flexible people like me to adjust the positions. She also has loads of free videos that are themed, like Yoga for Anxiety, Chair Yoga, Yoga for Bedtime and so on. Plus she has a really cute dog called Benji 🐺😊
    Hope your pain eases off soon xx 

Thank you Emilyrose. This sounds really good and I can fit it in when I can. And I don't have to shame because I can't bend as well as others. Cheers.
  • August16August16 Posts: 10
    Catcrazy said:

• August16August16 Posts: 10
    I use the “daily yoga” app. I’ve looked at many. It’s user friendly with very good (clear simple) beginner sessions. The sessions are just 15 mins and you can choose the one you want. 
    IT IS FREE - but does have adds