Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Diagnosis & Appointments

Worried

Midd5Midd5 Posts: 2
edited March 2020 in Diagnosis & Appointments

In February i was diagnosed with age related breast cancer but biopsy's didn't go well ect bruised breast and an egg sized lump of blood so a date of 3rd April was agreed but i became ill i have copd in hospital i was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma large cell so it turns out it cant be cured and for any treatment i have to be well enough but at the moment i have a partial lung collapse and infection and a sm blood clot in my good lung so really worried

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Midd5

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis and subsequent health issues concerning the COPD, I can understand your anxiety and concerns about being well enough to have treatment. I am not familiar with COPD, or the adenocarcinoma, but I do understand about the breast cancer, as I was diagnosed with that in 2015.

I hope that you are beginning to, or soon will be, seeing an improvement in how you are feeling physically. I am sure it must take quite a long time to become stronger. I hope you have some good support around you to help you, other people to take the strain so you can concentrate on building yourself up.

I know it isn't easy by any means, but try not to worry too much about future treatment plans and dates of where and when. When you next visit your Drs or oncologist, take a list of questions with you, of everything you need clarification on. There are others here with lung cancer too, and others with breast cancer. When you are in a place where you know the way forward with treatment etc, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have if you are still unsure about things. But for now, concentrate on getting stronger, it is one day at a time, step by step.

You are very welcome here, I hope you will find it a place of support and friendship, everyone is very understanding. Thinking of you,

Lou x