Prostate cancer and secondary bone tumor to spine

2»

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭
    @Sbuzz_66

Dear Sharon

It is quite a while since we last spoke and I was wondering how your Dad is getting on. I do hope that his pain has eased and that he is getting a little stronger in readiness for his next review. 

Kindest regards
    Rob x

• Sbuzz_66Sbuzz_66 Posts: 19
    Thank you Robert he still in discomfort and some days he says its easier though he feels it more if has been out for a drive or walk. He does seem more mobile and appetite hit and miss. It has been 4weeksthis Thursday since radiotheraphy. Good news is he going away to Wales this saturday with my sister and her family to a lodge. Just change if scenery will be a good tonic for him and my mom. Review 25th July with consultant. Xx will keep you posted.

SHARON
    @Sbuzz_66

Hi Sharon 
    Thanks for the update. 
    The Welsh holiday sounds like the perfect tonic for your Dad and also for your Mum.  Sometimes, it can be overlooked how much a cancer diagnosis affects the partner and indeed all of the family. If the weather is anything like it is here, it will be a fantastic break. 
    It sounds as if he will be in better shape when he sees the consultant on 25th and hopefully strong enough to cope with any recommended treatments. 
    Thank you for keeping in touch.

Rob x 

Thank you and was nice to hear from you. Don't think he ready for chemo has lost a lot of weight so bit frail at moment. Regards Sharon 
    @Sbuzz_66

Hi Sharon 
    Hope your parents enjoyed their Welsh trip and that your Dad is feeling better and stronger. Hope also that his appointment with the consultant was positive.

Rob 
    Thank you rob parents has great break dada back isl loads better. Just paunfull when walksfor to long. His appettite retuning slowly. Hesawthe consultant last week andbloodshave gone down. However they are now notgoing to consider chemo as to avasive for him and coukd cause infection and nit really prolong life further which puzxles us now. More radiation canbe consider in pain
    Returns so some positve x 
    @Sbuzz_66

Hi Sharon
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am so pleased to hear that your parents enjoyed their break and that your Dad’s back is a  lot better. 
    It is encouraging to hear that his bloods are down and that his appetite is returning.  It sounds as if the radiation therapy has been worthwhile. 
    I guess that the consultant will know what the best options are and it is encouraging to know that further radiation therapy is available should the pain return. 
    I know it is often difficult to take in everything a consultant is saying when you are under pressure and I always take my wife with me because she makes notes and asks questions when she doesn't understand something. 

I wish the very best for all of you. Your Dad clearly has wonderful support from all the family and that is just so invaluable.

Rob x