Home Cancer Forum Helping a Loved One Through Cancer

Oesophageal cancer with liver metastasis

Hi my husband has been newly diagnosed with Oesophageal cancer, in lymph glands and 3 lesions on his liver (stage 4). We are devastated. Got a stent in on Wednesday 5th June been in hospital since. Was in terrible pain very low at moment which is understandable. Anyone with any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joannemartina29

Hi Joanne

I am so very sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis, and I am sure it is such a terrible shock for you both, seemingly impossible to comprehend. Although I don't really have any in knowledge or experience of this type of cancer, I just wanted to welcome you here, hopefully someone else will have some insight for you to help your husband. Regarding the pain relief, I would suggest speaking with your husband's drs /oncologist to get the most effective meds possible, so at least the pain can be controlled.

You are both in my thoughts, if you would like to chat please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joannemartina29

Hello Joanne

I am really sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis. What an awful shock for you both.

Hopefully, one or more of our group will have some knowledge of your husband’s condition and will be able to talk to you about their experience of it.

I am pleased that you have found our community. It is a friendly and caring group and you are very welcome.

Rob x

• helen24helen24 Posts: 1

hello Joanne

my husband has also been newly diagnosed with esophageal cancer with lesion on his liver and nodules on his lung, dues to see oncologist on Tuesday feels like our world has ended.

• Joannemartina29Joannemartina29 Posts: 6

Aw Helen so sorry to here that.Take my advice jot down any questions you may have and take it with you. The appointment can be so overwhelming and emotional and a lot to take in. My husband started chemotherapy on Wednesday and has to take 5 chemotherapy tablets twice daily. Being honest it is tough going ask for help if you need it. Good luck on Tuesday be thinking of you both. Let me know how you get on. X