Cannabis oil

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I was told on 4th April I have bowel cancer wasnt to worried as was told it would be cut out and then I rest ..not the case I was suffering from low potassium and sodium both dangerous low they found a 6inch blob that was the cause went for a tems OP to remove it they didn't found the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes radiotherapy and chemo to come chemo starts on 6th June that's all I no I have read things like tumeric helps and canabis oil my question has anyone tried the cannabis oil at all thanks julia

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 319 mod

Hello @Lighterzz

A very warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis and further complications resulting in and added diagnosis. I know it is a huge shock to come to terms with, there is nothing really that prepares you to hear the news.

I can't really answer you question about cannabis oil, Macmillan Cancer Support have some good information about it on their website.

I expect you have had or are having many appointments, blood tests, etc in preparation for starting chemo the week after next. If you need any other information or just want to chat further, please just get in touch. There are a few others here also diagnosed with bowel cancer, I am sure they will have a lot of tips etc which may help you in the days/weeks to come. I am guessing you are having chemo first to shrink the tumour before removing it?

I had breast cancer, but I do know that a lot of the side-effects etc seem to be very similar whatever the particular chemo is.

I wish you every success with the treatment, stay positive, it might get tough, but you can get through this.

Lou x

• LighterzzLighterzz Posts: 3

Thank you I now have an appointment tomorrow now someone cancelled so I will ask lots of questions I also get my plan of treatment tomorrow I will look at website Macmillan about cannabis oil thank you Lou means a lot xx