Nausea

JoGoJoGo Posts: 1

Hi I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer 3 months ago. I am on Cape (oral chemo) but find nausea a real issue. I have nausea and wind all the time, lots of burping which makes nausea worse, tummy bloated and rumbling. I keep being given anti sickness drugs but they are limited and come with side effects too. Any recommendations for something more natural? Ginger hasn't really helped, need something to tackle the bloating/rumbly tum. Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 303 mod

@JoGo

Hi, welcome to our friendly community, lovely to 'meet' you.

I am really sorry to hear of your recent, new diagnosis, and how you are having such bad nausea with the chemo drugs.

The anti-sickness meds do have a lot of side-effects, and if you suffer from constipation or diarrhoea, that just adds to the problem of nausea.

If you are not eating very much due to the nausea, your stomach will be feeling very empty too, which will increase the rumbling tum.

If you are able increasing your water intake, that would be good, even if it is tepid water, sometimes cold water hits the stomach too hard I found. Sorry the ginger isn't helping, that was one of my 'go to' s.

Has your oncologist been able to recommend anything? If you haven't mentioned it to them, it is a good idea to do so.

There are a couple of helpful guides here about chemo, and diet/nutrition etc that may be useful. I am hesitant of suggesting anything particular, and would suggest you check with your oncologist before taking anything extra, to ensure it doesn't interfere with the effectiveness of the chemo.

These are just a few of the articles, there are more. They do contain some really useful and helpful information. I do hope you get some relief from these side effects soon.

Please keep in touch, let us know how you are getting on, if you would like to chat at any time you are most welcome to contact me.

Lou x