Immunotherapy for small cell lung cancer

I have been receiving immunotherapy treatments and had my first CAT scan today to see how my cancer is responding. I will receive results next week.

Does anyone have any information on how small cell lung cancer has responded to immunotherapy?

Thank you

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 349 mod

@Sam

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the community, it is lovely to 'meet' you.

I am unfamiliar with immunotherapy and how it works, I do hope the results of your CAT scan are positive and show the cancer is responding to the treatment.

I know there are others here who have been diagnosed with a similar cancer to you, and perhaps some have had similar treatment also. Hopefully they will come forward with some insight for you.

Do you suffer with any side-effects from the treatment?

I hope you are doing well.

Please keep in touch, and feel free to come and chat anytime.

Lou x

• SamSam Posts: 4

Hello Lou

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope your right, and that others can provide some insight into their experiences with immunotherapy. There is not a lot of information out there on how it is impacting small cell lung cancer.

I have been fortunate and the main side effect I’ve had has been some fatigue. Otherwise I have felt better than when getting chemo.

i have my Dr’s appointment for results Wednesday, so I will know something soon.

Thank you again for reaching out and for your well wishes.

Sam

@Sam

Hi Sam,

It's a pleasure, please let me know how you get on on Wednesday. I hope the results will be positive and moving in the right direction.

Thinking of you,

Lou x

@Sam

Hi Sam,

I was thinking of you today, how did you get on at your appointment?

Lou xx

• SamSam Posts: 4

Hello Lou,

Well, it was one of those good news, not so good news things.

The CAT scan showed the immunotherapy had reduced the size of both tumors in my lung, so I will continue Opdivo. The MRI indicated the cancer had metastasized to my brain and I have a small tumor that my Dr. feels can be treated using the gamma knife procedure.

i have a consultation next week with the team that would conduct the procedure.

Thank you for following up with me. I genuinely appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Sam

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Sam

Hi Sam,

I am really sorry to hear about that. My heart does go out to you, it must be so difficult to hear and take in.

It is very good news that the tumours in your lung have responded to treatment which is very hopeful. Although it is bad news about the new tumour, it is good the Dr thinks treatment will be effective.

I know we can't ignore bad news, but hang on to the good news, try and focus on that. I know it isn't easy, our minds and emotions can be in turmoil.

I am glad they are seeing you next week to discuss procedures etc, please come and chat if you would like anytime.

Speak soon,

🤗🤗

Lou xx