Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Diagnosis & Appointments

Referral for suspected oral cancer

newlookbethnewlookbeth Posts: 1
edited April 2020 in Diagnosis & Appointments

Routine check up at the. dentist . Said it's likely you have mouth cancer

8 Years ago had serious endometrial. Stage 4 cancer which I unbelievably survived. So have been through this before. Appointment is on 21st May. Have been struggling with headaches and sinus infections since January and have been playing the elimination game (, reasons for headaches) so have a feeling it's all connected. I have a great faith which keeps me going.i haven't told anyone yet till I know what's what.

Just felt the need to offload . Thanks.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

@newlookbeth

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear of this possible diagnosis for you. That must have been a terrible shock to hear at the dentist. Even though you have been through cancer before, and it is fantastic that you came through it 8 years ago, it is still a nightmare scenario all over again to potentially endure. So is there a possibility that it may not be cancer after all, but something else?

It is great that you have a strong faith to hold on to to help you through these difficult days ahead, I too found my faith gave me strength when going through cancer.

You are very welcome here. We have a lovely community full of people who all support one another, we have times of crying, ranting and a lot of laughter too. You will find a lot of understanding here.

Please let us know how you get on, if you'd like to chat, feel free, you can also message me by clicking on my profile.

Hold on tight!

Lou x