Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Going to Work

spitfirespitfire Posts: 12

Hi peeps had first chemo for breast cancer Monday touch wood feeling okay run our own business being pressured to go work today shall I go I feel good so thought it’s best to carry on as normal as possible any comments would be great fully received xx

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning @spitfire ,

That's great you are feeling ok so far. Each day that passes well is brilliant.

It is really an individual thing whether to work or not during chemo. If your oncologist is ok with it from a medical perspective and you feel up to it, give it a go. Listen to your body though, if necessary stop. Life does continue during cancer and treatment, we can't always put our lives on hold or pause. I can imagine the pressure when it is your own business, try it and see how you get on.

Just be mindful of people interaction and germs etc. It is important to stay away from the risk of infection.

If you decide to work I hope it goes well for you. You are in day three already, you'll be through this round before you know it!

Let me know how you get on

Lou xx

Good evening @spitfire ,

Did you decide to work today, just wondering how you got on?

Thinking of you

Lou x

• spitfirespitfire Posts: 12

Yes I did was good to do tired now but hoping it will help me sleep better still no nausea and feeling good so as long as I can I will carry on xx

Hey, that's great! Really pleased for you. Yes, hopefully a good tired as opposed to a stressed worn out tired. Have a good rest this evening.

Lou x