Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Lung cancer

I'm due to have half my lung removed tomorrow anybody else had this done how was it for you.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Candyfloss

I just wanted to say hi, I haven't been in your situation and it sounds like a really major operation with a lot of repercussions. Wow! I think if it were me I would be so nervous, I really hope tomorrow goes very smoothly for you and that the operation will be successful.

Welcome to the community, there are several others here who are also diagnosed with lung cancer, there have been some other discussions previously. Everyone here is very friendly, you will find support and understanding , whether its a good day, or a bad day we are all here for one another.

Thinking of you,

Lou x

• Kenzie123Kenzie123 Posts: 7

Hi Candyfloss, I also had lobectomy on 29th April, how are you doing, hopefully u are getting better. I had mine done with key hole surgery. I don't know about u, but I still have a lot of pain, in lots of medication for it, but still really painful. My breathing is OK, but I struggle with stairs, not tried any hills yet lol. Please keep in touch, would be great to speak with someone who is going through the same as me x