Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Diagnosis & Appointments

Hello

Shirl3Shirl3 Posts: 4

Hello I’m Shirley 52. Diagnosed with breast cancer in sept 2017. Finished treatment May 2018.

I struggled with chemo ended up in hospital after every session. I had 4 sessions of chemo,lumpectomy and 4 weeks of radiotherapy. Just had my check up all clear.

went todocs last week he commented on a mole on my face wasn’t happy with it so being referred to hospital. Go on my birthday of all day. Hoping for a good outcome.

look forward to getting to know you all

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shirl3

Hi Shirley,

Welcome to our group, it is lovely to 'meet' you, I hope you will get to know us very soon.

It is great you have made it through all your treatment and have an all-clear now too. Congratulations!

I understand how hard chemo is on you, it is very gruelling, the effects of it are long lasting, I hope your recovery from everything is going well though.

I was also diagnosed with breast cancer, had chemo, a mastectomy and radiotherapy.

I am sorry you now have a mole to be investigated, I really hope that they can deal with that, and it comes back ok. While I was in treatment I found a mole on my leg that I hadn't noticed previously, when I went to the dr, I was referred also, it was removed and sent off. It came back clear, thankfully. It is scary, when you are facing a new threat. Hopefully it will be nothing sinister underneath. Good to get it checked out though.

Let us know how you get on with it, sorry it will be on your birthday. I hope you will be able to arrange a very special belated celebration afterwards!

Looking forward to chatting soon,

Lou x

• Shirl3Shirl3 Posts: 4

Hi Lou.

Thak you for your reply.

Im hoping the mole is nothing so fingers crossed.

Will keep you updated

Thanks Shirley