Finished chemo 8th march

Now got very dry mouth no saliva at all and metallic tasteanyone had this

Also joints hurt

and due to get radiotherapy in May to upper chest n throat area concern all will be made worse

Answers

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julie

Welcome to our community, lovely to meet you.

The symptoms you are describing are common after having chemo, I would suggest speaking with your oncologist about them, as they may be able to advise you and help.

I had all of the above too, the metallic taste did pass eventually, as did the dry mouth, except I had very painful teeth for about two years post chemo!

My joints? Well, what can I say, not good news, they have really suffered since chemo, became progressively worse. But my oncologist was brilliant in helping to improve things and find out if any other problems causing it. I am also on medication which plays havoc on bones and joints, I have a lot of difficulty just standing, walking, getting up, well anything really! Haha! It was a long time before I began to see an improvement , I decided that it was a small price to pay if I had to live with it and not have cancer. It’s not easy, but life is good, I make sure I exercise regularly which does help.

Your radiotherapy oncologist should be able to explain to you all the details, I would tell them all your concerns beforehand. Have you had your planning and tattoo appointment yet?

I do hope you begin to see an improvement soon, please feel free to come and chat anytime, if you have any other questions or thoughts, please just ask.

Take care

Lou x

• JulieJulie Posts: 3

Thanks Lou

I have a lot of questions re burning upper chest area I see radiologist consultant 9 may I hear could make the symptoms that I have worse.. And my pet scan was clear just o. 5 inch of soft tissue left zero cancer cells.

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭

@Julie ,

That's great zero cancer cells! Fantastic!

I hope the consultant is really helpful too, and is able to reassure you of the process.

Lou xx