Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Volunteer head shaving

hessomhessom Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Cancer Coffee Break
In recent times, volunteer head shaving - either to raise money for charity or in solidarity with a loved one - has become very popular.

Are you pro or against volunteering head shaving? Has a loved one ever shaved their hair in solidarity with you? How did it make you feel?

Comments

• I think head shaving or any show of solidarity for a loved one to suport and help them is great in my book.
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a great way to show support, when I was losing my hair and decided to have it shaved off, my teenage daughter had already decided to have her very long hair cut very short to support me. I had no idea, she completely surprised me. 
  • I think it is a great way to show support, when I was losing my hair and decided to have it shaved off, my teenage daughter had already decided to have her very long hair cut very short to support me. I had no idea, she completely surprised me. 
    That's so lovely @Sunshinedaff! What a supportive family  :3
  • GrahamGraham Posts: 1 Community Admin
    I think it is a great way to show support, when I was losing my hair and decided to have it shaved off, my teenage daughter had already decided to have her very long hair cut very short to support me. I had no idea, she completely surprised me. 
    Beautiful story. People can be amazing.