Home Cancer Forum Cancer Coffee Break

Easter greetings....

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 15 in Cancer Coffee Break

Just wanted to wish everyone a peaceful, joyous, Easter.

We all know that cancer treatment doesn't necessarily stop when holidays arrive, for some the daily visit to radiotherapy will continue, chemo still carries on doing it's thing, whatever else is part of your cancer treatment schedule, it's not easy. You know that everyone here is standing with you, wherever you are and whatever you are in the midst of. Just sayin' 😊

I think it is likely to be scorchio this weekend, sun cream on!😎Factor 50!☀️

The traffic round by us is just manic, we live near two major roads that lead to the beaches and the West country, one of which has major roadworks reduced to one lane!! So all the traffic tries to divert via the other road. You can't move! hahaha🤣🤣.

If you have to travel, especially if it's for medical attention, I really hope the traffic is in your favour.

Does anyone have plans for the weekend? What are you up to?

I will be mostly sharing taxi duties with my husband ferrying eldest to and from her various part time jobs. I've got the early shift, 5am rise for one job, Mark has the late shift 1am finish on the other!! I don't know about her being exhausted, I know we will be! Phew! 😫One day at a time, as I keep saying.😉

In-between that I will carry on with the decorating project, which is going well. Deep clean is done, took two days! But in a moment I am going to sit in the garden for a little while. Rest my bones!

If anyone is around over the weekend, come and chat, I will be here...

Lou xx

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertA

Hi Rob, I thought your message was so lovely thought I'd share it again here!

"Good evening you lovely lovely people.

If there is anything good about cancer, it is all of the lovely selfless and caring friends I have made through having it. Have a wonderful Easter and thank you all so much.

Rob 😘😘😘😘'

That is such a lovely message! 

You are very special too you know! This community would not be the same without your lovely charm and good humour! 

You are right of course, it is wonderful how we meet lovely people, make new friendships even when cancer would try and destroy our lives and cause terrible heartache and pain. The strength of the human spirit defies that and refuses to be beaten down. Everyone in this community is testament to that.

You are all incredible, courageous and brilliant! 🤗

♥️♥️

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff

Bless you Lou

And you are the much loved hard working, cheerful, caring bedrock of the group. How you manage to greet every new member in addition to your busy family life, I just don’t know.

As many members will know, I have had issues with anxiety and depression and being able to open up without being questioned or judged has been instrumental in pulling me through. I love to hear people talking through their fears and anxieties because I know that when we share with friends, we can shoulder them together and push them aside.

Love you all

Rob xox

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff @RobertA

Happy Easter 🐣! what a beautiful weekend for weather! For all of us fighting our battles throughout this long winter and spring , at last the warmth and light comes. 🌞🌝Without the warmth of two very special people, Lou and Rob who even when the darkest post from a new member comes in, you both give so much to help and support people through it. To actually reach out is a trial in itself and of course you wonder should I be opening up to this? But I know from reading others, sometimes harrowing experiences, how much it helps others myself included and how important and beneficial this forum is. You two are very special, kind people💕

Rob as it’s Easter I am sure Mary will allow you your Easter egg and hot cross buns!

Lou I hope the decorating is going well and that you enjoy being with your lovely family this Easter and we are all so lucky to be surrounded by wonderful friends and family at this special time of year.

Hoppy egg hunting haha! 🐇🐥🐣

Lv Jackie xxx

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry that should say with not without! Haha xx

edited April 2019

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie

You are very special, an inspiration and you light up this forum with your warm and witty comments x

Nope, Mary saw an article yesterday, describing the amount of sugar in a Cadbury’s egg and nearly had a fit 😲 She had eaten two on Monday evening whilst I was at the pub with a friend. Ha ha. Not so funny, she insisted on a 4 mile walk along the beach in the hot 🥵 weather today. It was lovely though.

Rob x

• gloden02gloden02 Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Lou, Rob , Jackie . I would like to say how grateful I am for all the lovely kind messages on here. So glad I’ve found you all. I’ve been to the IOM for Easter, back last night. All the family gathered there for the Double christenings of my dear little great grandsons Charlie John and Connor Patrick . We had wonderful weather and a great time. I actually walked the whole length of the promenade yesterday morning with a couple of my grandkids then stopped for tea and tea cakes . Had few weak and wobbly times but really enjoyed it all. We travelled over by boat taking the cars. So much more relaxing than flying. Perfect sailing weather. Taking it easy today though, really tired. Hope you all had a nice Easter . Love and hugs . Gloria xxx

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 592 mod

@gloden02

Hi Gloria,

Lovely to hear from you, and to hear all about your weekend away. What a beautiful weekend it was too. So glad everything went well for you and you had such a wonderful time with your family and the grandkids. Having good times like these gives us such a boost, I am thrilled for you.

Definitely a good idea to take it easy today.

I had a busy weekend being a taxi 🚕 to my daughter, bless her who had to work through most of it, when I wasn’t in the car I was painting! (Decorating).

Enjoy the rest of your day, chat soon,

Lou xx

@gloden02

Hi Gloria

What an amazing weekend you had. Wow, great grandchildren, how exciting - you must be very proud of all your family.

I’ve walked the Douglas promenade myself. It is beautiful, with lots of history and full of lovely flowers. You must have been more than ready for your tea and teacakes.

Time for you to relax and enjoy the lovely memories.

Thank you for posting. It is always great to hear from you.

Rob xx

@LouiseJ

Hi Lou

Decorating? We are looking for someone. Fancy a busman’s holiday? Ha ha

Rob xx

PS Hate decorating. So did my Dad. He used to say home decorating deprived someone of their job. He was pretty smart my Dad.

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 592 mod

@RobertA

Haha😂, hi Rob! That would be fab!

I find it relaxing, I think Mark might see it as a chore, which is why he lets me just get on with it, although he did do all the nasty cleaning bits! Haha!

Well Yes, it might deprive someone of their job, but if they came here to do it, they would only get paid with tea and that occasionally! 😂😂 , who wants that sort of job!!??🤪.

Lou x