Hodkin lymphoma

Hi,

My sister been diagnostic a Hodkin lymphoma stage 4B. Dr said she Could go though the ABVD or Bicop DAC

What would you advice please as we panic do not know what to expect.She just had a second consultation

Thank you

Wish everybody all the best ❤️

Answers

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭

@Zuzana

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear of your sister's diagnosis, it must have been such a great shock to your whole family. It is so heartbreaking for loved ones to find out about the cancer. I can understand if you feel like you don't know what to do to help, or what is the best thing. You will be in shock as will your sister, the enormity of what is around you will take a while to process. I can understand how you feel panic, cancer brings such fear and terror with it's diagnosis, sometimes it is difficult to think straight to be able to get your mind sorted.

I am so glad you have found this site, you will definitely find support, and encouragement here. I am not familiar with this particular cancer, but I am sure there are others here who will have more insight for you. I hope someone else will have some good advice.

I would expect the Dr's or nurses to be on hand at one of your sister's appointments to explain everything in detail, so that she can make an informed choice, along with the recommendation of her oncologist. If your sister is unsure about things she should be able to speak to someone, or even phone up to make another appointment to clarify things for her.

Please keep in touch, let us know how your sister and yourself are doing, everyone one is very friendly here, you can come and chat about anything, anytime.

Take care,

Lou x