Neuropathy in my feet

What is anyone doing about numb feet

Comments

• tamara24tamara24 Posts: 3 Community Admin
    I want to know this too. I heard that sticking them in ice helps but it's sooooooo cold outside anyway  :s 
  • GinsengGinseng Posts: 1
    I have numbness and tingling in my feet.  Right one is worst, entire bottom feels as if something is stuck on bottom.  Left only toes are numb.  My balance and walking affected.  I'm 6 months past my chemo, Paciltaxol and carboplatin, and no improvement yet.  Anybody had success with accupuncture?  I've heard it could help but feet are super sensitive to touch.  Very weird.
  • BarbaraBarbara Posts: 9
    I suffer with neuropathy, I find warm socks at night, massage feet daily and take magnesium tablets might help. I tried acupuncture Reflexology but not much improvement . Time one has to very patient and the symptoms very slowly will improve. I am long past my chemo my doctor says it can take up to 2 years to improve.
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Barbara , time is the key factor I think. I am almost three years past chemo, and only in the last few months have I begun to see a real improvement, very slowly. I still have major problems with bones, joints, as well as feet, but I am beginning to see a difference. The frustration at having to shuffle around, and being unable to walk far or for very long, and the pain has been hard. 
  • ValerieValerie Posts: 1
    I had chemo in November 2010 which went very badly. I ended up in hospital for 6 weeks with loss of muscle power in my legs and had to be taught to walk again. Recovered from that but was left with neuropathy in my feet which has not improved, and that is 8 years ago. I would love to find a way to improve the feeling in my feet.
    Valerie
  • VeritercVeriterc Posts: 8
    I have Neuopathy.  Found this was ignored where I was treated, but found the brilliant MD Anderson website.  This gives so much information.  Agrees that this is a recognised side effect.  Why can't British hospitals give us this?  The brilliant Dr. Mendelsohn who headed this hospital and helped patients such as myself (for free) sadly died earlier this month https://aftercancers.com/md-anderson/