Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Painful breast

JoannaJoanna Posts: 2

Hi all , new to this so here goes . Diagnosed with invasive breast cancer 2016 , had lumpectomy , chemo , radio then herceptin . Had to stop chemo because of severe peripheral neuropathy , amongst other horrid side effects . Just lately my breast feels rather solid , can't identify any lumps , just solid , started by being really itchy , it's painful across my clavicle , neck and shoulder blade , like toothache . Haven't mentioned it as always seem to be fussing about one thing and another . It just feels different , any thoughts please , tia Joanna

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joanna ,

Hello Joanna,

Welcome to the community!

I would definitely suggest you speak to your dr about the change, you are not ‘fussing ‘, it’s really important to get things checked as early as possible. Please don’t leave it!

I am sorry you had a tough time with chemo, it isn’t easy and the side effects are long lasting. They were for me too. It’s a long hard road recovering from cancer treatment! Mine was breast cancer too, treated with chemo, a mastectomy and radiotherapy. Now on Letrozole.

There are many here also diagnosed with breast cancer, everyone is very friendly , and even if the cancer is different, you will find a lot of understanding here.

Please let me know how you get on if you see your dr.

Take care,

Lou x

• JoannaJoanna Posts: 2

Thankyou Sunshinedaff for your kind words , I shall book in with my GPs today

Jo x

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joanna

Morning Jo,

That’s great! Keep in touch

Lou xx

• Diva50Diva50 Posts: 1

Hello Joanna,

How are you doing? Were you able to follow up with your physician? Please do so as soon as possible!!

I’m a breast cancer fighter! Please let us know what’s going on with you.

Wishing you the best!

Dina.

• HayleyHayley Posts: 6

Hi, I was diagnosed in Nov 16 had a lumpectomy with LICAP reconstruction. My breast is sore and quite hard where the reconstruction was. I was told 2.5 years for recovery. I'm very pleased with the natural look and my rather large scar is goes from my lower shoulder to under my breast but is mostly hidden under the bra line. I was told the hardness and lumpy feel is due to scar tissue, made worse by radiotherapy. Everyday I think it's back but people say that's normal. Just had my routine mammogram and still waiting on results. I asked about about the hardness and lumps and they told me they are happy to answer any questions/fears I have. They don't mind and understand our fears. I just wish we didn't have to wait for results for so long.