Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Went to dr got staples out

Hi everyone went to Dr and got staples out today they were a little painful but Dr said I did good and healing good and come back in 4 weeks for another checkup . She also checked my colostomy and said that it looks good. But no pushing pulling lifting or else I will end up with a hernia. She also said when did the exploratory surgery there is no cancer . I was happy she told me don’t be hard on yourself give yourself time there is no guarantee it won’t happen again for you have had 6 operations major ones on your colon, bowels, private’s, etc and they have been major ones. Thank you 🙏 for all the support and understanding

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Deetheshopper

Hi Dee,

Well that is wonderful news for you today. Fantastic! I am so pleased for you. You have had a very long run of operations and treatment, now is the time to continue in your recovery and healing. Time to turn the page and start a new chapter!

I hope you will be able to have some time to celebrate with your family, you deserve it.

I wish you continued health and healing, take it easy,

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,177 mod

Hi Dee

What great news. Delighted for you.

Listen to your Doc, be kind to yourself and take it gently. You have been through an awful lot.

Rob x

• DeetheshopperDeetheshopper Posts: 9

I will it is hard for me because I am the caretaker for everyone but I have to take care of myself and be patient and kind to myself for I am in it for the long haul

• 4Gretton4Gretton Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

You really must take care of yourself.. You are no use to anyone else if you don’t look after yourself. It’s not being self centred - it’s being sensible. Anyway, after all you’ve been through you absolutely need to take time for yourself to get yourself strong again, and to take time out to get any rest that you need.

• DeetheshopperDeetheshopper Posts: 9

Thank you 🙏 for the kind words. I will definitely give it a shot but it is a little hard but I am going to have to learn and take care of myself first