Fec-t

Hello new to the group..due to have my 3 out of 6 cycles of fec-t..finding it hard going. Feeling so spaced out for at least a week after..no energy..dizzy head..heartburn..constipation.. but on a positive half way through nearly..starting the "t" part next..wondering what side effects that will bring..what do you ladies think about the wigs..I have an NHS one but really hurts after a couple oh hours

Best Answers

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@Tina65

Hello Tina,

It is lovely to 'meet' you, welcome to the community!

Yes, yes and yes to your description of FEC-T, I went through that chemo too. You will soon be half way through, after round 3, that is really good. I know how hard it is, but you are doing it, each day brings you closer to the end of chemo. Has your oncologist given you anything for the constipation and heartburn?

When is round 3 due, this week? I can chat to you about the Docetaxol nearer the time, however it may be a good idea to start wearing dark nail polish if you haven't done so already. I got through so much nail varnish, I'd never done my nails so much, haha.

I didn't have a wig, as when I lost my hair, it was the worst part for my daughter, and she couldn't bear the thought of a wig, so I had scarves and hats which worked well as I had chemo throughout autumn and winter. It';s very much a personal thing, and I would do whatever you prefer, whatever makes you comfortable.

But, I would like to add, you look beautiful as you are, it is a lovely profile picture. I see you have hair still, was that early chemo days?

This may sound like a silly question, but how are you doing, chemo aside? Is this the first part of treatment for you?

You are very welcome here, I hope you will get to know us soon, we are a friendly bunch, we all try and support each other.

Chat soon,

Lou x

• Tina65Tina65 Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer

Hi Lou thanks for the lovely reply..I have my 3rd chemo on the 9th April...I have had a lumpectomy..recovered well..4 lymph nodes taken 2 were infected.. the picture was in the beginning of chemo..I will mention the heartburn when I see the chemo nurse on Monday. It's so nice to have others to talk to who are going through the same thing...Thanks again Tina x

Accepted Answer

@Tina65

Hi Tina,

Wow! You look fabulous! I love your hat too!

Well done, half way! I will be thinking and praying for you, take it easy, rest as much as you can, one day at a time. You'll get through it.

Hugs 🤗

Lou x

Answers

@Tina65

Hi Tina,

You're welcome, it's good you are here. This is a good place, and you will find lots of understanding.

I hope the next few days are good for you in your 'up' week, ready for next week. They should be able to give you something for the constipation too. I know it's a grim thought,😫.

Have a peaceful evening,

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited April 3

@Tina65

Hi Tina

I am not able to help with your side effects but I know that you are going through a challenging time. I see that you have already met Lou who has been through it all and who is so informative, helpful and kind.

I would like to add my welcome to our community. It is full of courageous, caring and funny people, new friends who don’t mind when you are having a bad day and who will celebrate the good ones with you.

Rob x

Hello Rob

Thank you..so good to be able to talk to people in the same boat as me

Tina x

Number 3 done out of 6..hoping not to feel as poorly as last time.. thinking and praying for all of you going through the same xx

@Tina65

Hi Tina

What a lovely photo. You look amazing.

You are doing so well and we are here to support you and cheer you on.

Rob x

• Straw1971Straw1971 Posts: 15

Hi Tina..Well done xxx lots of love xx im going to have mine too third cycle as was on holf last time.Tomorrow will be down for Doc appointment and see what the result of PET SCAN .MAYBE AND THEY WILL DECIDE BY THEN WHAT KIND OF TRRATMENT ARE THEY GOING TO GIVE .ITS MY THIRD CYCLE TOO XX WILL KEEP TO OUR BEST AMIDST THE HARDSHIPS XX WE WILL GET THRU THERE I AM SURE XXXXXX❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hi @Straw1971

I have been thinking of you, how did your appointment go yesterday? I hope the way forward has been decided, and things will start moving in the right direction for you.

Thinking of you,

Lou x

Hi Sunshinedaff . So sorry for late reply.My PeT scan revealed tumor still in the same place and Doc reduced the chemotherapy and hopefully by the end of this month i will have a radiotherapy. What a relief but hope that this will work and tumor will go away completely.I had one dose of chemo this afternoon with R CHOP and this is my 3rd chemo session...the side effevts are tolerable compared with DA EPOCH R which lasted 5 long days every session. And it felt heavy one for me. How are now and hope ďare better and can share more of our experiences. Loads of love ❤❤❤

Hi @Straw1971

Hey, no worries! There is no pressure to reply really😊.

I hope you are resting ok after this afternoon's chemo. I would count the hours, thinking to myself, yay, I got through the hour, now the next one! When I woke in the morning, I would be so relieved I had come through the night without sick etc. It is a step by step thing, and day by day, each step bringing you closer to the end of it.

Radiotherapy will bring with it different side-effects , but they will go through it in detail with you beforehand, and you can always ask here if you are unsure of something.

I think it is wonderful how we can share here what we have been through, hopefully bringing encouragement and hope to people to kick cancer out of our lives. Stay positive, and when you wobble, which does happen, shout, you have a lot of support here, we can help to lift you up when the going gets tough.

I really hope you are able to sleep tonight, I will be thinking and praying for you.

Lou x

Thank you very much Lou xx feeling a bit nauseous but not a my plan to give way. 😄 Im.less scared with radiotherapy THAN CHEMO. CHEMO BLOWS MY MIND .SURELY WILL GET SOME IDEAS HOW THINGS WORK IN DIFFERENT TREATMENT. I AM SO PLEASED THAT YOU ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WITH GOOD HEART ❤ WE ALWAYS PRAY FOR OUR BATTLE XX

@Straw1971

Make sure you keep up with the anti-sickness meds ok? I took all of them that I could get my hands on! If you are struggling still, tell your chemo nurses, they can get you different ones. Thankfully they worked for me, and I wasn't sick even though feeling nauseous sometimes.

Yes, radiotherapy isn't as scary as chemo, once you've been through chemo. For now one day at a time ok.

I am so glad you found the site, you have a lot of support here, we all understand, because we have all been there or had loved ones there.

Come and chat anytime, now , rest!

Lou x

THANK YOU AND HAVE A LOVELY NIGHT LOU ❤❤❤ LOADS OF LOVE😍😍😍

@Straw1971

I haven’t been through chemo but I know it is tough. Lou has though and her support and knowledge is invaluable to all of us.

I know you will get through this, and all the courageous and caring people in our community are here to support you and be with you through your journey.

Rob x

Thanks Rob x i am.so pleased Ifound this one x So kind and helpful people ❤❤❤

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭

Hi Tina, I did no 4 of 13 today. I have it every other week.

Make sure you take your sickness tabs as directed. I take them even if I don’t feel nauseous as a friend of mine told me it’s best to get them in your system to prevent it. A doctor told her husband that.

I hope you feeling ok tonight. I am feeling good after my treatment. So far! Steroids for the next three days! Let’s hope I sleep on them. Had trouble the first time!

your picture is lovely and your hat look really good on you! Good choice. I hope it’s as comfortable as it looks!

Have a good evening.

Lv Jackie x

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭

@RobertA @Sunshinedaff

@Lesley

Good evening or is it goodnight?

Hi all I hope you all had a good day.

Just to say 4th chemo best tolerated yet so far so perhaps decision to reduce dose by 20% was a good one.

Off to bed soon. Watching Christopher Robin at Norms suggestion! Lovely gentle little film to loose yourself in!

Good night all. New day tomorrow!

Lv Jackie xxx