Home Cancer Forum Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Hi im new to the group

Kimmy19Kimmy19 Posts: 3

Hi i have breast cancer and secondary breast cancer in my pelvis. On Letrezole now for jst over 2yrs had afew Radiotherapy tolerated it realy well. Just fatigue realy bad always seem asleep lately. And im worried about spoiling our holiday in June wiv my daughter son in law and 2grandsons dont want to burden them when i want to chill n relax. My daughter sed to cum along n enjoy our 1st holiday in spain together as we havebeen through some orrible times last 4yrs. Lost my eldest daughter, 7mnths aft lost my mum 3mnths after that hubby ad heart attack! Quadruple bypass went bk to wrk 7wks later!! Then 8wks after that i was Diagnosed wiv cancer!! But im doin great. My Oncologist has told me no cure for my bone cancer in my hip/pelvis but treatable!! And the lump in my boob has gon frm 3cm to a tiny bead!! Sorry for going on folks xxx

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kimmy19

Hi, welcome to the group, I am very sorry to hear of your diagnosis as well as hearing of all your family tragedy that has happened. That is an awful time for any family to go through, my deepest sympathies go to you all for your loss of your eldest daughter and mum.

I think it will be a lovely thing for you all to go in holiday together, and I am sure your daughter already realises how tired and fatigued you are feeling. It sounds as if you are a very close family which is wonderful, I am sure your daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren will not mind when you need time to just be and relax. Have you mentioned this to them? The fact that you are all together will be a special time, and hopefully bring some rest and healing to you all, where you can make new memories.

It may sound like a cliche, but the holiday is just what the Dr ordered!

It is great that you are doing so well, considering your diagnosis. Good news the breast cancer is reducing too.

I hope your husband is still making a good recovery, it sounds as though he also is made of strong stuff!

Please don’t feel as if you are going on! Absolutely not! You are very welcome here, please come and chat anytime, everyone is very friendly, you will find a lot of support here.

I hope you have a good day,

Lou x

• Kimmy19Kimmy19 Posts: 3

Thank u very much Lou for taking the time to read and reply to me 💐💐💕 .

Ino the Holiday will do me good do you or any1 on here no of a good Travel Insurance company?, The quotes i have been getting are absolutely ridiculous!!!!

Ive been quoted £3,000 and over!!! When i fill my details in and tell them about my cancer etc this is what im getting quoted!! Im thinking of not putting down about my Cancer !??

Thank you once again Lou

Kim

@Kimmy19

Hi Kim,

Firstly it is really important to have travel insurance! Absolutely you must declare the cancer. Should anything untoward happen while away, you will not be covered for anything, even if it is not cancer related. For instance should you fall and hurt yourself and need medical treatment, you may be liable for the costs, even though nothing to do with cancer, your insurance would be null and void because you didn’t declare it.

There are several places where you can get travel insurance, obviously the price will depend on your personal circumstances. But it is possible. Be prepared for a long phone call and have your medical details to hand.

I have used Morethan, I put myself and the whole family on for our trip to Florida after I had finished treatment. Cost around £300

Last year, I couldn’t get insurance with them! Think I was too old, weird?! So I was able to get insurance with Staysure. Cost around £60

Some people have said Insurewith are good, especially as they were set up because the founder couldn’t get insurance.

There is a travel and holiday blog on this site too. I will endeavour to put a link at the bottom of the page, but if it doesn’t work if you go to the main page and look for blogs you will find it. I think there is also a link to an insurance company too.

I am sure some of our other lovely friends here will have some suggestions as well .

Here goes with the link..haha

Lou x

There you go!

Findus..success on a plate hahaha 😂😂

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kimmy19

Hi Kim

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the terrible events you and your family have suffered.

I am sure that your daughter and her family will love having you with them in Spain, but please do not take any risks over insurance.

Lou has already offered some great tips and I will add my pennorth too.

Whilst under treatment, I was refused travel insurance by my usual insurer. I eventually found Insurancewith.com who covered me at a very reasonable price and they included the cancer for a modest premium.

After Fiona Macrae, Insurancewith’s founder, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, she found it almost impossible to get affordable travel insurance. She then founded Insurancewith to help people with all kinds of conditions including cancer.

You will enjoy your holiday and family so much more if you have peace of mind.

Do let us know how you get on.

Rob x