β€Ί β€Ί

New to the group

Hi there , my name is Lisa , I’m 46 , mother of 2

i found a lump in my groin before Christmas , had various scans and tests and it came back cancerous πŸ˜₯

I had my lump removed on March 24 th and it’s been sent off for tests to see if I will require any more treatment , got to wait 4 weeks for results , so I’m currently trying to recover and keep myself busy , but trying not to do too much ,

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭

@Lisejs29

Hi Lisa,

It is lovely to 'meet' you, welcome to our lovely group. I hope you will find it a source of support, encouragement and friendship.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis, I can understand exactly how frightening it is to hear that news. I guess the positive part is that it has been removed, and I hope that there will be suitable treatment for you if that is required.

Four weeks to wait for results is a long time, you are doing the right thing by keeping yourself occupied, and recover at the same time. Try not to dwell too much, I know how hard that is though.

Are your children young? I have two daughters who are teenagers, they were teenagers when I was diagnosed in 2015 with breast cancer.

We have an 'Off-Topic' Category where we chat about anything not cancer related, and there is also 'What's on your mind today' category where some of those discussions are not related to cancer. Please feel free to join in with any conversation or start your own. Everyone is very friendly, we are a bit nutty too sometimes!

Chat soon,

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 339 ✭✭✭

Hi @Lisejs29

Hi Lisa

So sorry to hear that your lump turned out to be cancerous. It must be some relief that it has been removed though it does seem rather a long wait for the test results. Hopefully the lack of urgency is a good sign.

As Lou says, we are a friendly group. We chat, we listen to and support each other and we have some fun too. I am so pleased you have found us and hope that you will keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Rob x

• Lisejs29Lisejs29 Posts: 20 ✭

Thanks for your kind wishes, my son is 19 and my daughter is 8 , so she doesn’t really understand what’s going on , I’ve told her that I had a poorly tummy that needed a little operation , everything has moved very quickly so I’m sure these 4 weeks will fly by too

@Lisejs29

Hi Lisa,

Yes, hopefully the time will go quickly. End or term soon too, so your daughter will be at home to occupy you! Hopefully your son can help out too.

Chat soon,

Lou x

• Straw1971Straw1971 Posts: 15 ✭

Hi lisa Waiting is worrying at times . i qas diagnosed with non hodgkin lymphoma DBCL AGGRESSIVE TYPE AND HAD RECIEVED 2 SESSIONS OF CHEMO THERAPY AND THEY PUT ON HOLD BECUSE I TOLD THEM I FOUND A LUMP behind my jaw and will schedule me for Pet scan today. THEY RE ASSURE ME THAT I WILL BE FINE .ITS A GOOD IDEA TO KEEP OURSELVES BUSY AND REST IF YOU FEEL TIRED . AND RELAX..OR GO FOR SOME WALK WITH YOUR CHILDREN .WE WILL GET THERE .HOPING FOR THE BEST FOR YOU TOO AND WE WILL REMAIN SO STRONG ! WE HAVE THE WILL POWER TO FIGHT WHATEVER IT TAKES AND AT THE END WE CAN SEE THE BRIGHTER SUDE OF THIS JOURNEY ...LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE ❀

Hi @Straw1971

I just said hello to you on your other post, but thought I’d say it again here! 😊.

I fully agree with your positive attitude, you have the support of everyone here too. We are here to encourage you, cry with you, and laugh too, lots of laughter! Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Lovely to ‘meet’ you,

Chat soon,

Lou x

Hi @Straw1971 yes that’s the best way to be stay positive through out your journey ,i have had a pet scan before

hope it all works out ok for you lots of love and positive thinking sent your way

Hi@Sunshinedaff yeah will soon be half term , so she will keep me occupied

my son is 19 so he’s a typical teenager 😳

@Lisejs29

Haha! πŸ˜€, yes!!!

My eldest home from uni, today I have been taxi to her job interviews, more on weds. Tons of washing, at least the sun is shining today so I can put it on the line. Other daughter revising.

Hope you are able to have a restful week anyway!

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff Yeah quite a restful week , just waiting for Friday to go and see the consultant , hopefully he will have good news for me

@Sunshinedaff Been a lovely weather here in Ullapool too. Lovely walk tonite and taking picturea of lovely cherry blossoms.Tomorrow will be heading to hospital for Doc 's appointment and see what I can know in there anf the treatment needed for this.I felt a bit acared with this scan..i maamy say Scanxiety ...hooe you are doing fine today and enjoy the lovwly weather .lota of love❀❀❀

@Straw1971 hope everything goes ok for you, my consultant called me the other day ,he wants me to go and see another consultant as they are still unsure where the primary cause started , so I have got to wait for another appointment to come through

hopefully I won’t have to wait too long

Hi @Lisejs29 and @Straw1971

I hope you both have had a good day, Lise, I hope that appointment comes through very soon, and especially that the primary will be located. That must be really concerning for you I am sure. Please know we are all here for you, however we can help.

@Straw1971 , I just posted on another chat to you, I hope your appointment went ok today, and they have arranged a way forward to carry on for you.

Wishing you both a peaceful night, hoping sleep comes to you with ease.

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff

hi there I’ve finally had my appointment through for May 3rd so hopefully will finally get some answers

@Lisejs29

Hi,

That's good, not very long to wait. I understand how hard that is, just waiting for results or to hear what the next step will be. Hang in there! We are all with you.

Lou xx

Thank you , positive thinking all the way has helped me cope with things x

@Lisejs29 & Lou...How are you both x it's 13 degree celsius here in Ullapool and so bright and sunny x Planning to go for a walk in a wee while x I was back from HOSPITAL last Saturday and my last session of chemotherapy.My doctor said that PET SCAN shows tumor still contained in one area behind my right ear. And will see Doc for radiotherapy on the 25th April x Have a Blessed holy week xxxx

@Straw1971 , @Lisejs29

Hi to you both, I hope you still have this warm weather that has begun today. Down here 19.5! Jolly warm, which is lovely, but very hot when you are deep cleaning.haha😁.

Straw it is great you have come through chemo, also that the tumour is contained! Radiotherapy next week! Good! At least you will be able to relax and rest for a few days over Easter.

Lise, keep holding on to that positive mindset. You know we are all cheering you on too .

I wish you both a blessed Easter too. Have a peaceful few days

Sending hugs to you both

πŸ€—

Lou xx

A Bit of relief Lou x And a bit of relaxing time before my next treatment x Have a lovely Easter too Lou and don't get tired much.I was tidying bits and pieces this morning but felt tired and now on my cosy bed x LOVE LOADSπŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€

@Straw1971

♥️♥οΈπŸ€—πŸ€—

xx

@Sunshinedaff @Straw1971

we went camping last weekend so it kinda took my mind off it for a while ,was really nice to get away

trying to keep myself busy , and at the same time trying not to do too much as have days when I’m tired so it’s swings and roundabouts

hope you both have a lovely week / Easter 🐣

IT IS NICE TO KNOW YOU ENJOYED YOUR CAMPING. SUCH A LOVELY WEATHER TODAY. TRY TO GET SOME RESTS WHEN FEELING TIRED X I WAS FEELING A LITTLE BIT DULL THESE DAYS AS I FINISHED MY CHEMO LAST FRIDAY. BUT DO MANAGED TO GET SOME FRESH AIR TODAY FOR A WHILE X HAVE A LOVELY EASTER TOO WITH YOUR FAMILY XXXX πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€