'Laughter doeth good like a medicine'....

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭

This popped up on my feed today, I thought it was very interesting.

One minute of anger weakens the immune system for 4-5 hours.

One minute of laughter boosts the immune system for 24 hours.

We all probably need to laugh more, but when we are going through cancer, sometimes that is a really difficult thing to do.

Just imagine though if laughter was prescribed like a medicine so that everyday we had to find something to laugh at, ourselves, with our family a TV show that has us in stitches or anything else. Each time we laugh we are helping ourselves to get stronger, to improve our body's ability to fight off stress, and illness. It is a challenging thought, especially if laughing is the last thing we want to do. We all have up and down days, some are darker than others. I guess making the most of the good days is good, like banking up some credit in the laughter bank, haha.

I remember when I was diagnosed with cancer someone said to me to try and find something to rejoice in every day, to find joy in something which I tried to do. I didn't always make it. But mostly it stopped me from spiralling into despair about having cancer. We laughed a lot too. We were always laughing in the chemo ward, sometimes I felt guilty doing it because it was usually so very quiet. But the nurses said not to stop, and they laughed with us. Silly things really, like my impression of Gollum (I expect some of you have had your own Gollum experience☺️).

My hope for everyone is that this week at the very least you are able to find something that leaves you laughing, even better if it is tears-rolling-down-your-face laughing. Oh, and please do share, let us in on it! 😉.

Hope everyone has a peaceful night,

Lou x

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff

Great idea Lou, laughter really is the best medicine and we can laugh in the face of cancer and I love it that you were able to laugh, even in the chemo ward. Lovely. xx

I remember when I was told about my cancer diagnosis. The Urologist had a really grim look on his face. I remember thinking, ‘Any time now he will put a black cap on his head and sentence me. ‘ It certainly felt like that when he announced his findings. I asked him if he could get rid of the cancer and he said ‘No’. My immediate reaction was to play calm and strong so I said ‘Well, I’ve had a good innings’ at which Mary said ‘I can’t believe you are talking about cricket at a time like this’. Ha ha. I felt a bit silly afterwards but we still laugh about it. 🤣🤣🤣

Guess I never learn. When I was a young long haired lad recently arrived in Jersey, I bought an old MGB. I was driving along at 50mph (the speed limit in Jersey is 40mph) at 2.00am when I was caught in a speed trap. 🏎The policeman asked if I wanted to check his monitor showing my speed. I said ‘No, its a fair cop’. Well, at that time you had to attend court even for a speeding offence. You know what’s coming next don’t you. The court officer read out loud. ‘The defendant said ~ ‘It’s a fair cop officer.’ The whole place burst into laughter and I had a very red face.😡

Rob x

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff @RobertA

Hi Lou and Rob,

I like your post regarding laughter and anger. It’s interesting that laughter boosts the immune system for 24 hours! I’m choosing laughter!

We ‘ve had a good week considering my chemo being postponed and limited contact with the outside world due to white cells being so low, but we had a good laugh on Friday when we watched Googlebox on TV! There was a funny bit on it and we kept rewinding it! The lovely Sky man came and replaced the 20 year old dish for free! That made me smile! I do find that I am seeking out more and more things that give me pleasure and seem to be appreciating things more now that daily life has slowed down. I appreciate all the changes in the garden, the bulbs popping up and the leaves appearing on the trees and the joyful bird song! The sunshine has re-appeared🌞

I bought a sofa for the garden this week! My family were all like well do you need it? You have other patio furniture. I picture myself napping on it under my big brolly, whilst everyone is at work! Lovely! So that’s the answer to that one! Sometimes you just have to be a spoilt brat and reward yourself! 😜As the advert says “I’m worth it!” Haha.

Well I’m awake early but pleased to say I have slept really well this week. I guess that will change when I start no. 3 chemo today, providing my bloods are ok.

Yesterday We went to hospital at 3 pm for line clean and bloods, then Norm’s appointment with Heart Centre was 3.40. That was excellent timing! He had MRSA swabs done and should be having his Angiogram in a month, they will let us know the date soon. Depending on what they find he will have treatment soon after. Glad to say meds are controlling his angina at the moment and he is listening to his body and not pushing himself too much. That is good!

I hope you enjoyed your Trip to France Lou, I was touched by your visit to your Uncle. So sad to think he was just 18, the same age as your daughter. Did you bring lots of lovely plonk home? I remember our trips to France when the children were small. We loved the Vendee region. There were rock pools and pine forests and we used to camp in ready made tent villages! Was such fun! Did it for a few years. Have a great day Lou. Hope you get a swim in this week.

Rob you sounded like you had fun in your MGB. Naughty boy! Haha. We went to Cornwall in a little convoy when we were in our 20’s. There was us in a little kit car called a Mini Marcos, friends in an MGBT and Frogeye Sprite. Such fun driving through the country lanes and across Bodmin Moor! Thinking about it that was camping too! I haven’t done that for years, we became too soft! Hotels now! Haha. Hope you have a really good day and a nice weekend.

Hooray the clocks change this weekend!

Have a good weekend all and do what makes you laugh and happy. 😃

Lv Jackie x

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭

@jacksprat_x1 @RobertA

Morning Jackie! 😊 Morning Rob😊!

You had an early start again! Bless you. Although at least the mornings are getting much lighter which is nicer.

I wa up at the same time, but my brain wasn’t in gear! No coffee yet then. 😂

It sounds like you have had an amazing week! So much good news to share, I love it! I agree with you in everything you said. 😀

Gogglebox made me laugh too last week, I think it so funny you kept rewinding it! Love the idea of a sofa in the garden with a big umbrella, you are definitely ‘ worth it’ haha.

Really glad to hear Norm is stable and great timing for your appointments too!

I do hope your bloods are ok so you can have chemo today, I will be thinking of you.

Hahaha😂😂😂, did I bring any plonk back?? Hahaha😂 😂😂

Restocked my wine shelves, thank you! Although the way Brexit is going, I needn’t have been concerned! Jolly shambles!!

We had a lovely time in France, even though just a weekend, it really felt like we were on holiday. Can’t wait for the summer when we return!

Swam twice this week, today, continuing to sort wine racks and then get in the garden. Glorious here, the morning mist has lifted already.

Rob, you are funny, did your little quip get you a reduced sentence?? You know, made the judge laugh! 😂😂. I can’t believe you are a speedy Gonzales!! Haha. Or like Tom Cruise in Top Gun, ‘ I feel the need for speed’! 😂😂

Jackie, I remember as a child going to Cornwall on holiday, we would drive through the night, pre motorways, so very slow roads! Haha. Since having a family, it is so quick now. I love Cornwall too!

Hope you both have a grand day, chat later, let us know how you get on Jackie.

Lou xx

Oh yes, forgot to mention, for breakfast these last few days....croissants and pain au chocolat from France, they taste so much better! Yum yum!

😀😀

Lou xx

Hi Lou,

in chemo suite and just heard bloods up enough to have chemo! Yes!

Norm said things you didn’t think Jackie would say... yes I can have my chemo! Can we turn the heating off? And no I don’t want a cider thanks. Haha.

It is a fantastic day! Hope you enjoy getting your wine rack sorted and maybe get into the garden. Glad you got 2 swims in!

I remember the slow roads into Cornwall in the seventies! We went there for a week a couple of years ago and were really impressed how the roads had improved. Took a lot less time and no hold ups!

Hope you have a good day and let you know how it goes later. Take care.

Lv Jackie x

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

Yay! WooHoo! You go chemo, go do your stuff killing that cancer in our friend!

What no heating!! Music to my husband’s ears too!

Ahh, those cider days will return!

Chat to you later,

Lou xx

@jacksprat_x1 @Sunshine15

Good evening Jackie and Lou

Jackie, you are amazing. Looking forward to chemo is a new one on me, but you are so positive and it will be worth it in the end. A bit of optimism for Norman too. 👍The way things are going, I can see you both reliving your Cornish trip and loitering within tents Haha⛺️🏕.

The cars sound wonderful. Modern cars all look so lumpy and grey. I bought a Morgan +8 in the late eighties and then realised how impractical it was for every day use so I bought a classic Riley 1.5 then a 3.4 Jag and a 4litre Princess Vanden Plas with a 4 litre Rolls Royce engine. Apart from the Morgan, they were all a bit tatty but Mary and I did them up before eventually selling them and starting again with different cars. We had some great adventures and a lot of fun. We refurbed the Riley’s interior, cleaning and recolouring the leather seats. I bought pots of leather shoe paint from a local shoe store and I could see that the lady was really curious when I kept going back for more, but she somehow resisted asking. When it was finished I took a before and after photo in to show her where it had all gone. I still have an album with a photo of every car I have ever owned.

Your life plans and garden sound wonderful. I do think that cancer helps us to appreciate the good things in life more than ever before and we deserve them. xx

Hey Lou. Delighted you are back swimming again and it sounds as if you really enjoyed your break. French wine, croissants and pain chocolat. Yummee yummee. And you were still posting whilst you were away. You really are amazing. xx

Here is a photo of a long haired (would be) lover from Hartlepool with his passion wagon circa 1970

edited March 29

@RobertA , @jacksprat_x1 ,

Awesome photo Rob! Really brilliant!

Will post more tomorrow as just in from the pub, not sure I will be understood, two large Merlot's later. Haha! Makes it sound like I am always in pub, no! Haha, only started going last year. So technically I have a lot of years to catch up on. Hahaha.

I love your car history, when I was 17, my lovely dad bought me a car to learn to drive in. I was so upset it wasn't a mini, but it was a Riley, he took it back to get a refund!!!!! Bless his heart, I must have hurt him so much, but had no idea then. As a parent now I can see how hurtful that must have been, yet he still did it. Me and my stupid idea of what the car should look like!! Major regrets about that!

Love the idea of Jackie camping in a tent!! 😂😂😂. You wouldn't get me in a tent now for love nor money!! 😂😂😂. The last time was 1988, before then Greenbelt Festival in 1979!! 😂😂

Only one croissant left now. Oink! Haha. !

I don't know where the week has gone, a week.ago I was getting up.at 3.30 to drive to the tunnel. Now tomorrow, I am back up to uni to get daughter 1 for the weekend, providing her assignment is complete! But she is working now until 3 am , so not an early start. I reckon the M3 and M 27 will be busy if the sun is shining.

Tomorrow I will look out a photo of my first car, a black mini, which was really a death trap, but at least it looked good!! 😂😂😂

Good night one and all! ooh was that Dixon of Dock Green?

Lou xx

@Rob @Sunshinedaff

Hi talking of black mini’s Lou! I’ve had this one about 3 years! It’s a hit with our Teddy! “Get the roof down Nan!” Even in the winter! He soon says “get it shut Nan! “ haha.

I had an Mazda MX5 softtop for 13 years before I traded it in for this 4 seater with rooftop concession! Norm krp looking at little grey boxes for me but I drove past saw it took it out for 2 test drives first before he knew about it and said to him you know you said time to give the soft top well no actually this is about as much as I can compromise for the sake of the kiddies! But we do have Norms 4x4 when the going get tough haha! Guess I’m a lucky girl really! Will copy some old photos of circa 1970’s cars today! Come on Lou! Haha xxx

lv Jackie xx

@Sunshinedaff @RobertA photo oops! My relaxing place. New sofa! Norm approves now!

Teddy sans smile! Xx

lv Jackie xx

Good morning everyone, it looks like it’s shaping up to be another lovely day 😎.

@jacksprat_x1 , Morning Jackie, you were up early again, haha, mind you so was I ! The clock didn’t stop me, enjoying some lovely coffee in the peace and quiet before everyone else wakes up.

I was never very good at camping as a child either, I absolutely hated being that close to nature!! When we went on days out , and had to wee in a bush, no! I just couldn’t do it, hahaha 😂😂.

It’s great you were able to have chemo on Friday, are you having a quiet day today?

Traffic not too bad to and from uni yesterday which was great, I stayed away from the M3, found another route, much quicker and nicer to drive. So we have essay finishing and a level revision today for my two here, but may go out for coffee after church. Roast beef tonight for dinner, yum yum.

@RobertA , Morning Rob, I cant imagine you leaving Jersey, my heart felt so sad for you and Mary, leaving a place you love. I understand the reasoning though. Making the most of it while you are there is great. Hope you have a great day today, more restful I hope.

I hope everyone has a good day, even a few moments.

Lou xx

@jacksprat_x1

Jackie! The sofa looks fabulous! You went and got it, I thought it was still in the idea stage., 😁. Oh , I’ve been after something like that for a long time, but we don’t really have the patio space. I make do with some chairs and a little table the girls used to sit at when they were little. I can see you will really enjoy being outside relaxing there. Wonderful! 😊

I love the car photo, and the expression! Haha, what? Me smile, for the camera? No, I don’t think so! Haha😂

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff @RobertA Hi Lou, and Rob,

Glad you had the opportunity to have a nice start to the day coffee no croissants 🥐 ?

Poor girls no let up from studying on Mamas Day. Hope you have a lovely special day! Enjoy your church service. Not sure if I’m seeing my kiddies today large and small? All the bugs and low neurophils. My daughter did say they think they are clear but Norms nervous, we will see. Definately not my sons family they have foot and mouth and tail end of tonsillitus so doing Mums Day Later. Oh I miss them 5 March since I saw them last. Used to be a twice weekly babysit!

Good that you found a nicer route for Uni. The back to nature story funny. Just like my daughter on a holiday to France she was about 10 and could not face the hole in the ground loos there were then. Refused every one. Would not go beside the road being sheilded from oncoming traffic with big swimming towel! Eventually after several hours! practically limped to the loo at destination! Still laughs about that journey! 😂

Yes definately having quiet time today! Opening Moonpig card in a moment from Son James I guess he knows how sentimental I can be and usually sends a picture card! I treasure them all.

Enjoy your roast beef dinner with the family. Yum !

Hi Rob, I felt a pang at leaving Jersey for you too, but the benefits of having the family close by will be lovely for you. Enjoy Jersey while you can. I love living near the sea too. I did move away for 5 years to live in Essex but the pull of family and the sea got too much! Pity your family aren’t close to seaside. That could be your next project Rob get them to come to you! 😂

Take care and I hope you and Mary have a nice Sunday together.,

Love Jackie xx

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou, it was in planning. My kids and Norm said yes nice do you need it you got chairs and table? Ah but I want to lie down on it while everyone’s at work I said, rubbing it in haha! 😂

My oldest friend Teresa, starting school same day friend, I explained it to her. She said you deserve it have it if you can afford it! She gets me! She said she was the same with her dear husband who passed away with bowel cancer 2.5 years ago. Well that was it! Sick pay still coming in ok for a while! It’s a distraction I guess and I’m looking forward to kiddies making the most of it when having picnic at Nana and Grandads and when sleepovers resume. Pictures of Halloween just before Nana knew she was not well! Lovely teatime and visits to dear friend across the road for treats! Little Frankie missed her group cuddle was asleep! Teddy, Ivy, Hunter. God bless lthem all!

Be in touch soon.

lv Jackie xx

• gloden02gloden02 Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Lou, Rob and Jackie. Just been reading all your lovely postings. Really helped me and cheered me up. Bit low. Got new lump appeared. Although my oncologist told me not to panic if a new one arrived before I see him again on the 4 th June as they have all followed the same pattern and healed on the surface. None gone into the organs or lymph nodes thank God. I’m still worried though. On top of that I have somehow developed a Bakers cyst behind my right knee. Really painful and uncomfortable. Going for X-ray Thursday. Dident need anymore going on but keep reminding myself there are worse off folks than me. My family are wonderful and we had a lovely meal together for Mother’s Day . I love Gogglebox too. So funny. Yes you are so right Lou having a laugh does lift you. Lots of love and hugs to you all. So good to chat on here thank you. Gloria xxx

@gloden02

Hi Gloria, how lovely to hear from you! You are always so welcome to come and chat anytime, even if you are feeling low. It’s good to be here among friends who understand how you feel. I am glad you are finding our off topic chats uplifting.

Really sorry to hear your knee is bad, hope the X-ray is ok on Thursday.

I know the appearance of a new lump is worrying for you, try and stay positive and in the mindset that it will heal like the others have done. Wonderful to hear you had a lovely Mother’s Day with your family, it’s great to be together.

Everyone here loves to hear from you Gloria, don’t be a stranger!

Lou x

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

I meant to say how lovely your photos are, really special. 😊

I hope you have been able to use your outside sofa these last few days. That will help you to rest after chemo. Hope you are doing ok this week. Thinking of you.

Sending a hug 🤗,

Lou x

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie

Thanks for your posts and your pics. Wow, you really have got it all sorted. Love the sofa and the Mini. No way you were going to settle for a grey box after the Mazda. A lady with style.

Your friend Teresa is so right, None of us know what tomorrow will bring so we must make the most of our lives whilst we are still here. Mary, can I have that classic Jaguar for sale down the road? He only wants £25k? No! Oh alright then.

How sad to hear that Teresa has lost her husband. Lovely for you both to have such a friendship which must seem extra special to her now.

The children look wonderful in their costumes. Where’s yours? Did you get to see the children on Mother’s day? Norman is right, you do need to be careful as you do not want to pick up any bugs right now.

Thanks for your kind comments about leaving Jersey. We are feeling really anxious about it, but we do think it is the right thing to do. Or do we???

Rob xx

@gloden02

Hi Gloria

Wonderful to hear from you. Sorry to hear that you are going through the mill right now but delighted that you have come to us for a chat.

I can imagine that the new lump is a bit disconcerting, but good that the doctor said not to worry if one appears.

I went to see my doctor yesterday as a toenail had gone black and started cracking even though I have not stubbed it or anything. Having googled the symptoms, I decided I should get it checked. You can tell I was worried as it costs £50 to see the doctor here in Jersey and I am reputed to be a bit Northern where money is concerned. He said ‘I bet you thought it was a melanoma, well it isn’t. ‘ I told him it was worth 50 quid to hear him say that. Haha. Serves me right for googling and self diagnosing. I know I shouldn’t. He did tell me I have put on half a stone in the last three months. 😬

Keep in touch Gloria. We love to cheer each other up and have some fun alongside the other stuff.

Rob xx

@gloden02

Hi Gloria,

Just wondering how you are and if the x-ray on your knee went ok. Do you now have to wait to here what the results of that is?

Sending you gentle hugs,

Lou x

Hi Lou. Yes had X-ray on knee and waiting for result. Really painful and uncomfortable. Got a walking stick . What with the grey hair and the limp I’m a real old woman . I’m actually grateful as at least I’ve got real strong hair growing quite quickly. Having my blonde highlites put in next Wednesday. Hoping will get a bit of me back if you know what I mean. This latest lump/sore that has appeared is still not healed. Weeping but I have a lovely district nurse calling every few days and dressing it. Wonderful girls. So kind. Yesterday she put a large waterproof dressing to last until Monday hopefully. We had a laugh. I noticed it was a funny shape, like a big heart. She said well actually it’s a bum one but it’s the best waterproof one I have. I said no worries as nobody sees my tum only me these days. I have managed to get out and about for lunch and garden centres for a few days now. Still weak and wobbly. Not much strength. How are you Lou ? Hope you are doing ok. I’m looking forward to pottering in the garden as the weather gets warmer. Bit chilly yet. Love my garden. Only small but quite nice and secluded. I can sit out there with a cuppa or a glass of wine and not be seen. Lots of love and hugs . Glo xxx

edited April 12

@gloden02

Hi Gloria

Ha ha, you will never be an old woman as long as you have that lovely sense of humour and keep getting out and about.. My hair is white, but at least I still have it. My dad was completely bald and when I was a young man I would panic every time I saw a hair in the washbasin. Wonder what I would look like blonde? 👨🏼

Hope you get that knee sorted soon. Don’t overdo things. Relax and enjoy your tea and especially the wine 🍷🍷Your little private garden sounds wonderful.

Rob x

@gloden02

Hi Gloria,

Bless you, I am glad you are being cared for by the lovely district nurses. They do a fabulous job, I remember when I was on chemo, and surgery, having many visits from them. One in particular I became friends with as it turned out we moved in the same circles but didn't know it at the time.

I am glad you are able to get out and about, hey, you are not alone in feeling like an old woman, I feel like that too sometimes! Having your hair done next week will be great, being pampered, you deserve it my friend!

Easter week soon, will you be spending time with your family over the weekend?

Your garden sounds lovely, quiet and secluded is the best! Pottering is good too, I was out there today, not doing a lot, we still have frosts so need to be careful what goes out yet. I will start some hanging baskets soon but keep them in the green house for a while.

I am well thank you, except for this neck pain which is very persistent, it makes my grouchy, like today! haha😩

Take care with that leg of yours, ok, gentle movements.

Lots of hugs

Lou x

Hi my dear friends Rob and Lou. Thank you so much both for your replies. Really helps to chat on here. Trying to keep positive and potter and get out more. I’m going with all the family to the Isle of Man for Easter for the double christenings of my two little great grandsons Charlie and Connor. They were born last year within 5 days of each other. Their mums my granddaughters are sisters. They both married and settled in the IOM few years ago. Love it there. Looking forward to seeing them and all the family together. Just wish my lovely Dennis were still here. He would be so proud of them all. Yes I love the garden too Lou. I’m tempted to buy from the nurseries but like you say we could still have frosts. I’m growing sweetpeas and runner beans in pots in my utility and going to set some poppies and nasturtiums soon. Love pottering out there. Sorry to hear you have painful neck Lou. Don’t overdo the gardening. Hope it gets less troublesome soon. Be so glad to get my blonde back . I think you would be a lovely blonde bombshell Rob haha. Have you made any more plans regarding your move from Jersey? Sending you both lots of hugs xxx

@gloden02

Hello Gloria

Wow, you are going to have a great Easter in the Isle of Man with all your family. How intriguing that your granddaughters both moved to the IOM and had baby boys within days of each other. Yes, your husband Dennis would have been very proud of the whole family - you must miss him a lot.

I have only been to the IOM once. I was offered a good promotion to move there in the mid eighties. I liked it but my Mum was living here in Jersey and I did not want to leave her without any family support.

We are planning to put our house on the market next month. It will be tough to leave, but it is time to go 😢,

Take it easy this week and enjoy your highlights. You have a fantastic Easter coming up. Enjoy.

Rob x x

Hi Rob . My eldest daughter and husband lived in the Cayman Islands with Dave s job in banking late 80s into the 90 s. They had three daughters born out there. We had wonderful holidays out there. Then Dave had promotion and opened as manager with Caledonian bank in the IOM. The girls grew up there and although my daughter Debbie and Dave moved back over here in time two of the girls remained and married in the IOM. One is a lawyer and the other a chartered accountant . Very proud of them . We all love over there. It’s so safe and laid back. I love Jersey too. Hope you and your wife have a lovely Easter too. Xxx

@gloden02

Hi Gloria

Ah, that explains it all. No wonder you are so proud of them,

Thank you for your good wishes - we have no family here but we have each other and we will be enjoying a meal with friends and eating too much chocolate over Easter.

Lv Rob xxx

@gloden02

Hi Gloria,

You will have a lovely time with your family and the little ones are sure to keep you busy and occupied! I am sure Dennis would be very proud of your daughters and their children, and proud of you too Gloria. Proud of how you are being strong going through such a hard time.

I haven't been to IOM or Jersey (Rob), but Condor ferries have a deal on at the moment, so its just a case of persuading my husband that its a good idea! haha!

I hope you have a good weekend,

Love and hugs,

Lou x

Hi Lou. How’s the neck pain. Any better? Hope so. Had couple of my grandkids call on me today which was lovely. Fran works in Manchester in accountancy and Ben also in Manchester in Insurance. They were both up for the weekend. Nice they find the time to visit me bless them. Ben is the very image of his grandad, my Dennis. In looks and ways. I know I am so lucky to have them. So caring. What are you doing for Easter? Hope you and yours have a nice one. Let’s hope the weather gets a little warmer. Sunny today here but real cold. Lots of hugs xxx

@gloden02

Hi Gloria,

My neck has improved as the day had gone on, I am due more meds, I think if I keep up with them it will improve.

How lovely for you to have Fran and Ben visit you. You are very loved!

My sister is visiting tomorrow, so an early Easter visit. Actual Easter it will be just us here, a quiet one. My husband has next week off too which is great, so hopefully we can go out too, as well as relax and catch up on those jobs that get ignored! haha.

Warm weather would be soooo lovely, it's too cold for me at the moment.

Have a peaceful evening,

Lou xx