Home Cancer Forum Helping a Loved One Through Cancer

Breast and Lung Cancer

JHL50JHL50 Posts: 1

Daughter was diagnosed stage 3 breast cancer. Had operation October 2018. 19 sessions of radiotherapy. On Tamoxifen.

Then I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma of right lung. Had op January. Removed lower lobe plus 4 lymph nodes got all clear 2 weeks later. To be monitored for next 5 years. Both supporting each other. Daughter is also going through a very acrimonious divorce.

Wonder if stress added to this!

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JHL50 ,

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's and your own diagnosis. I hope both of you are recovering well from all the treatments, I know it takes a long time to regain strength and some sense of normality in life.

It is good that you have each other for support, although you have both been through so much, I hope that you have had some other support also.

I do think that stress and other negative influences do affect our physical well-being, it's just we are not always aware of the effect that occurs. It is already known that stress can be a contributing factor in conditions like IBS, I think our mental health and our physical health are connected and can affect each other.

You are very welcome here, please feel free to come and chat at any time, everyone is very friendly.

I hope both your recovery's continue to go well,

Lou x