New lump

Hi my lovely friends Lou and Rob and everyone on here. I have a new lump arrived yesterday . I have T cell NHL and so far thank God I have had 5 lumps which have turned into sores on my stomach and legs but have stayed and healed on the surface. So thankful not gone into the organs. I am not due to see my haematology Dr until 4 th June. Last time I saw him just before Christmas he said this type of cancer I have normally behaves in the same way each time and not to panic if another lump appeared but I am. I’ve got a bit complacent these last few months stupidly thinking I was out of the woods but no. Sorry just need to talk to you cause I know you understand. Hope everyone is doing ok and lots of love and hugs to all. Gloria xxx

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭

@gloden02

Hi Gloria,

It's so lovely to hear from you, but I am so sorry a new lump has appeared. I can understand how this would put you into a panic mode, it just throws everything up again, and the whole 'is it, isn't it' question starts over.

So it's good your Dr said not to worry unduly if this happened, but is there any way you can get an appointment to check it out or speak to someone who can reassure you?

Don't be hard on yourself Gloria, it's a fine line walking between living as best you can and constantly thinking about what's going to happen next.

We are here for you always, try not to worry constantly, that will make you ill. I know that's hard for you.

On a brighter note, I hope you had a fabulous time away with your daughter. How was it?

Sending you lots of hugs,

Chat soon,

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 339 ✭✭✭

@gloden02

Dear Gloria

How lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear that a new lump has appeared. It is not surprising that you feel concerned about it even though your doctor was reassuring about any new appearances.

I do think that you try to get an appointment to have it looked at to give you some peace of mind if nothing else.

This cancer business is tough, always keeping us on our toes and I am so pleased that you have come to talk to us. You are coping so well and we are here to listen and to chat with you and we always will be.

Rob xx

• Straw1971Straw1971 Posts: 15

YOU ARE NOT ALONE GLORIA X I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH NON HODGKIN LYMPHOMA DBCL AGGRESSIVE TYPE...STARTED CHEMO AND AFTER MY SECOND SESSION I FELT A LUMP JUST BEHIND MY CHIN AND CHEMO WAS ON HOLD AND SENT ME FOR PET SCAN TODAY .AND CHECK UP ON THE 11 TH...BIT WORRIED SOMETIMES IF TIME IS TOO LONG AS WHAT YOU EXPECT AND WHAT WILL GONNA HAPPEN NEXT..IT IS SCARY SOMETIMES BUT WE WILL ALSO LOOK AT THE POSITIVE THINGS OF THIS JOURNEY......FEEL WORST FIRST TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER NEXT SENDING YOU LOADS OF LOVE AND PERHAPS A GP VISIT AT LEAST WILL DO SO THEY CAN PLAN THE NEXT STEP FOR YOU ❤❤❤❤

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Straw1971

Welcome to our lovely community, it’s good to have you here. I hope you will get to know us all soon, everyone is very supportive and friendly, here on the good days and bad days.

I am sorry your chemo had to go on hold because of the new lump, I hope the pet scan and check up this week goes ok and you can resume chemo soon. Sounds a weird thing to say doesn’t it! Having chemo?! But you know what I mean!

You are right, it is scary, but to stay strong and positive will help you to kick cancer out of your life we hope.

Hope to chat with you soon,

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 339 ✭✭✭

Hi @Straw1971

I would like to add my welcome too.

I am delighted that you have found us. This community is full of lovely, courageous people who love to chat and to support and encourage one another in the fight against cancer.

It is tough when you have to wait for outcomes, but you sound so positive and you are so right. You have to feel worse before you feel better. I am sure it will be worth it in the end and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Rob x

SURELY WILL ROB XXX OUR ROLLER COASTER RIDE X WE NEED TO BE POSITIVE XX WE WILL NOT CHOOSE TO LOSE THE BATTLE...WE ARE STRONGER. THAN BIG C.

• gloden02gloden02 Posts: 44 ✭✭

Hi Straw. Thank you for your kind words. It’s a scary journey we are on but really helps to chat on here. Some lovely people who give lots of comfort. Makes you feel less alone. Sending you every good wish for result on pet scan and lots of hugs xxx

My Pet scan was okay today as far as Doc said but tumor still contained in one area.I will have one blast of chemo tomorrow and sessions of radiotherapy after. Thanks for all your love and support ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤