Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Newby

ZoviO121ZoviO121 Posts: 2

Hi, Im new to the forum.I have just had Radio Iodine Therapy, Im gutted by the whole process and worry about my future

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoviO121

Hi,

Welcome to the community, it is a friendly place, where I hope you will feel supported, and find others who understand how you feel and can identify with what you are going through.

I am really sorry to hear you are in a tough place right now. Was your treatment for cancer of the thyroid?

Are you expecting to have further treatment?

Adjusting to life after a cancer diagnosis is not easy, there are so many variables and 'what if's' to find a way through. Please know that although the cancer may be different, I and everyone else here, do understand the fears, anxieties, and all the other feelings that you may be facing right now.

If it helps to come and chat about anything, please feel free to. This is a safe place to cry, rant, worry, and even laugh.

I hope to chat with you again soon,

Lou xx

• ZoviO121ZoviO121 Posts: 2

Thank you very much for the reassuarances.I have just undergone the radio iodine therapy and await the ultimate scans to check if Im all clear of radiation and the cancer.Lord have mercy.

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoviO121 ,

Good morning,

Let us know how you get on.

We are all here to support one another, good and bad.

I hope you have a blessed day,

Lou x