› ›

7 Day Sleep Course - Welcome!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Community Admin

Hi everyone!

If you've found us through our free 7 day sleep course, then welcome! This is our little community forum, where hundreds of members share support and tips on living with cancer., treatment and side effects.

(If you haven't already signed up to the sleep course, you can sign up here - you get a free e-book and 7 days of emails packed with sleep tips!)

Every day of the sleep course, we'll send you a link to a different topic on the forum where people are chatting about improving their sleep through cancer treatment and beyond.

We've had over a thousand signups to the course so far, so there are lots of you out there following along with the course - so this is your thread to say hello! Tell us a little about yourself if you like, and maybe you'll meet some people with similar experiences to yours.

Tagged:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Community Admin

I'll start - I'm Emily, and I work for Live Better With. I've helped to put the Sleep Course together, so if you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to find you some answers! I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you over the course, and I hope you find a couple of helpful tips in there that work for you. 😊 😴

I've learned a lot through collecting the materials for the course, and have already started using a couple of tips I picked up to help with my sleep problems - I wake up a lot in the night due to aches and pains, so the tips on sleep posture (day 7) were really helpful for me! 😴

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, my names Louise, (Lou), I signed up to the course this morning. I am looking forward to reading the material and finding out new ways to help with my sleeping patterns.

I also suffer with a lot of aches and pains as well as temperature fluctuations throughout the night. Chemo, surgery and radiotherapy treatments have taken their toll, and have left long-lasting effects on my body.

I am looking forward to hearing what others do to get a good nights rest.

Lou x

Good evening folks,

Well that was a shock!

I have just finished reading today’s email blog on the sleep course.

I did not realise a few things!

Firstly, the ideal time to cease alcohol, is 6 hours before bedtime!!!

Wow! Was sitting reading it with a glass of sherry, haha 😜oops.

I’m not sure how I will do that one, not that I have alcohol every night.

The second thing is ceasing exercise 3hrs before bedtime, that was interesting also. Sometimes l do go swimming in the evening, I thought that would help.

How has everyone else found the blog today. Any tips you have found helpful?

I will think about giving a sleep diary a go, seeing what that brings up.

Lou x

• sheilaesheilae Posts: 27 mod

Hi Sunshinedaff & welcome!!

Like you, I'm in on this 7 day sleep course but didn't exactly start on the ideal night for me!! A glass of sherry wasn't so bad....I had to go to a wine tasting evening last night & it didn't finish until about 11pm!! So yes...had a bad night's sleep & you & I know what was to blame!!! Never mind....being Irish, I suppose I helped drown the shamrock ahead of St. Patrick's Day tomorrow ☘️😂!!

Definitely an interesting blog read!! Having a good routine in the evenings is key for me....I generally try to retire at the same time each night where possible & try my best to avoid any caffeine/sugar/alcohol but of course not always viable!! My room is always at a cool temperature too! Too many visits to the loo through the night is my problem even though I generally stop my daily water intake by early evening....hoping to maybe hearing some good suggestions here!! 👍💕

Hi @sheilae ,

Lovely to meet you!

Haha! O dear! Hope your head was ok this morning!

I had a bad night too, my daughter passed on yet another cold to me, so my head was bad all night, well I say all night...looked at the clock at 3am, 4am, 4.30am, then one cat decided it was morning at 5.15am , hubby started snoring, I felt rubbish....so I got up! Hahahaha 🤣😩😩.

Of course just because I’d woken up at 3, my bladder also decided it was morning time! How does that work? I didn’t wake needing the loo, but as soon as I was awake....ding!! 😂 You’ve got to laugh!

I hope you enjoy your St Patrick’s Day celebrations.

Lou x