Good afternoon from a wild, wet and windy West!..

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

Hello friends,

Well Gareth has arrived well and truly here, hope you all are ok with where you are.

I finally made it back into the water for a swim, it was good to be back, I know it makes such a huge difference to me.

I know what some are up to today, @RobertA , Rob I hope that song practice is coming on, you can’t go wrong with good music like Freddie Mercury. How’s the painting going though?

@jacksprat_x1 , Jackie, it must have been pretty special to hear the song your son wrote for you. I can imagine the ‘leaking’ eyes! Sorry to hear you are feeling not so good today, remember it is a temporary blip. Plus you really don’t need to be out there in this!

@Lesley , Hi Lesley, hope you had a good trip out. Did Mark treat you to lunch out too?

What has everyone else been doing?

So tonight should be fun.....yet another vote in parliament, but let’s not dwell on that. On a better topic, Celebrity Bake off is on again tonight as part of SU2Cancer campaign. Should be fun.

Chat soon,

Lou x

Comments

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

Hi Lou,

We have felt a weakened presence of him here this afternoon on The East Coast! Lovely! So pleased you got your swim in Lou at last? Did you you enjoy it?

Yes thank you, it is just a blip! Not been too bad so far so I am lucky and got lots of sleep again last night yay!

James sprung that song on me bless him. Lovely!

What do you want to veg out to on a rainy afternoon on chemo.? TV but the Sky is on the blink grrrr! We don’t have a back up aerial how annoying! Never mind I’ll just sleep then haha. Have a good evening and enjoy your viewing tonight!

Take care

Lv Jackie xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

No DVD player?

Yes, swimming was great, thank you. I will go again on Thursday morning.

Hope your Sky comes back soon,

Lou xx

Yes it might come to that! Haha! Xx

• LesleyLesley Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Hello Lou and Jackie,

As you know Lou ,Mark went and bought the posh kitchen sink,well, its nearly 6 oclock ! Two trips to B&Q ( im sure hes having an affair with a member of staff! he's always there!) No water! Can't do dinner ,can only drink red wine cos that's the only liquid we have Thankfully Mark has only had a couple of sips of his! Now hes stuck under the kitchen sink! Plumbing! I must tell you sometime about when he flooded out the apartment at Port Solent! (Keep that for another day!) Im hungry now!

Too be continued!........😕

News Flash!!!

Old sink going back in! Start again tomorrow! What time does B&Q open?

I'm going to go and have a lie down in a darkened room now! 😩

Hi Lesley, sorry you had probs with sink! Brave to be coping with upheaval and chemo! Haha. At least you had wine! Have a good evening.

Hi Lou,

SKY Tv back yes! Phew! 😂

Lv Jackie x

Thanks Jackie, Never a dull moment here!

Hope your chemo is going ok? I know , can't flower it up! It's the worse, but, we are strong , I thought that I'd finished mine, they got me to ring the bell and gave me a certificate! I did say I don't think I've finished yet so the nurse rang up and checked ,said yes you have finished your treatment! Well saw the oncologist on Monday and she said maybe radiotherapy then surgery then another 4 rounds of chemo! I'm going to feel a bit silly going back after ringing the bell do i give my certificate back? 🤔😡xx

Hi Lesley,

Hope the water is on now!

O that was a mix up wasn’t it? Say I’m having two certificates haha! All the very best with the radiotherapy next. It sounds like it shouldn’t be too bad according to the other people who have posted. My Dad had it for Prostate c and I said what is it like and he replied they say lie down there. That’s it! Haha. He never did make a fuss tho.

We are strong and we will get through it all together.

Take care and have a good evening.

Lv Jackie x

Tried to take photo of certificate didn't work! Story of my life! Yes my tumour I've got two! Anyway the one they can zap is in the rectum I do hope they are not going to put me in a weird position! 🤐

Sorry was that a little too much information, 🙁 Lou and Rob know what I'm like 🙂 xx

Haha Lesley, I’m glad I’m not the only one then! I have to watch it too with the sharing! O the joys hey?

Lv J xx

Oh! That's good! Two naughty ones ! 😀 xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭

@jacksprat_x1 @Lesley

Evening ladies

What lovely posts. My imagination is going wild. Beware the Moderator🤭👁

Got a new song for you Lesley. ‘You can ring my bell, you can ring my bell. Ding dong ding,aha ring it. Bet your son writes better stuff than that Jackie✍️🎵

I had the prostate cancer radiotherapy too. It is not available in Jersey so Mary and I were sent to Addenbrookes in Cambridge for 20 sessions over 4 weeks. I had morning sessions after which we were free to enjoy Cambridge and the surrounding area. Great concerts and restaurants. The treatment was not painful or uncomfortable.

The main thing about prostate cancer, you quickly get over any shyness with all those young ladies telling you to take your kit off. Long time since that last happened. Very long time. ☹️

Rob xx

@RobertA , @Lesley , @jacksprat_x1 ,

Yes! Yes! Hahahaha! 😂😂😂,

Lesley, what a picture you have painted! Do you think they will put a bullseye 🎯 on you, so they hit the right spot?🤪 Reminds me of Bob Monkhouse and The Golden Shot! Do you remember that? Was it Bob Monkhouse? 😜

Rob, now I’m singing that song, and at this time of night, it’s going to stick in my head!! 🤪

You did make me laugh out loud, you are so funny. It is so good to laugh, does us the world of good.

Jackie, I hope today was ok for you, and I hope you have a good night tonight.

Speak to you all tomorrow,

Lou x

@RobertA @Sunshine15 @Lesley

Hi Dear Friends,

O you lot Bullseye! You did me make me smile when I read your posts! I can picture it now Lesley! Your gonna feel nervous on the day. Just think you will have us with you in spirit! All smiling on 😘

Since last Fridays chemo I felt weirdly shaky and lethargic but having rested up for a week...yes a week! I feel much better today. It’s what I needed Lou.

Norm spoke to his personnel they noted his Angina and all is well. As long as he he has his spray no prob to drive at work so all good to wait for next step. That’s a relief.

Well my dear friend is coming to see me today and she mentioned cream cake yesterday and I thought ooo no but you know I think I’m looking forward to it today! 🎂

Thank you , It’s lovely to read your posts and have your supportive comments especially when you are at home feeling in the dumps! Hope you all get to do something that makes you happy today. Have a good weekend.

Take care.

lv Jackie xxx 🙋‍♀️

@jacksprat_x1

Good morning Jackie,

Good to hear you are feeling brighter today, mind you. .cake 🍰 to look forward to, that's worth getting out of bed for! 😃

Even better to think you feel like eating it!

The effects of chemo are cumulative, so you may find you have times like this more often as the cycles go on, but also, windows of feeling brighter and more normal will still occur.

I have swimming later on this morning, which will be good.

Jackie, have a look at the Sleep Topics that have started this week, there may be some helpful information for you.

I have signed up to the sleep course, I always struggle with sleeping, so I am hoping there will be some good tips to help me! 🙂

It's Friday, you made it through another week already....you will see, one day you will look back and see how quick it has gone really.

Enjoy meeting up with your friend today, chat to you later.

Lou xx

Hi Lou,

I’ve signed up too!im hoping to get something out of that. Mind you slept well last night!

Glad for you that your swimming again! It will do you good and may help tire you out for sleep!

I pushed the hoover round doenstairs the first time in 3 months yesterday! On nurses advice and it took me 1.5 hrs to finish! Stop sit start! I didn’t lift it! Maybe that’s why I slept! Was tired after but felt I’d done something!

Just hearing the seagulls fighting overhead! Love that sound!

Have a lovely swim 🏊🏻‍♀️!

Lv Jackie xx

Hahaha, I remember hoovering sitting down, I would move from chair to chair, or sit on the beds! Hahaha.

I had a lovely friend who decided she could help me by bringing her hoover and doing it for me! She had a posh one that does dusting too! Ours is an old Henry! That was such a blessing I can't tell you!

Brilliant that you have signed up too!

Have a good day, chat later.

Lou xx

Hi Jackie, yes chemo bad up to 10 days! All I can say is drink as much fluid as you can, mostly water (flavoured) and lucazade ! Believe me it works just don't keep it in the fridge! Just room temperature!I didn't was so poorly! You have to flush the toxins out! Xx

• 4Gretton4Gretton Posts: 29 ✭✭

Just found this forum my lovely buddies and I’ve had a great laugh reading it! Well done on the swimming @Sunshinedaff I hadn’t been for almost 2weeks and I had missed it, but went this morning and although tired now I do think it helps to loosen up these old joints. It means nothing much else gets done for rest of the day but am definitely not as precious as I used to be about housework. After I’d had my month in hospital I discovered that the world didn’t stop if ironing doesn’t get done. So very little happens in that department these days! Might as well use cancer to get out of some of the boring jobs, hey?!

Have a great weekend everyone- don’t get blown away!! XX

@4Gretton @Lesley @Sunshine15

Good evening all,

Feel like I’m back in the land of the living! Cooked chilli, drove to hospital for Picc Line clean, popped into town for small shop!

Have bought fizzy fruited water, room temp Lesley!

Now I’m resting!

Hope you enjoyed your swim Gretton. We do need to relax our standards I agree on what we think should be done to what can be done! The things you learn whilst on this cancer drive!

Just thought Lou perhaps I could do my hoovering sitting on the rolling office chair! Haha! I could scoot it around!

Have a good evening everyone.

Lv Jackie xx😀

Hi, Good Saturday afternoon to you all!

If you are watching the Rugby, enjoy, got it on in our house too.

@4Gretton , yes, swimming was fab, unfortunately got a week off swimming as have so many things on this week, two birthdays in the house to get organised. It was good to be back. Prob just as well I’m not this week as daughter brought yet another cold home from school, and yes, I am full of it, plus what was left over from the last one! Hahahaha ! 😂😂

@jacksprat_x1 , now that is an excellent idea! Although, I agree with you all, being more relaxed about housework, would be good. If only I could ignore the bits on the carpet!! 🤪.

Impressed, cooking, hospital and shopping! Wonder Woman 🦸‍♀️🦸‍♀️!

I made chilli too on Thurs, yum, with homemade tortilla chips, enjoyed with a cider!

@Lesley and @RobertA , I hope you are both having a good day also, back from my uni run! Haha.

Enjoy the rest of your days lovely friends,

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou,

Rugby recording as long as sky continues to play ball!

Wonderwoman got shot down today!

Rang my friend we were meeting at her house for coffee. I rang back and said Oo dear I feel hot will cancel. Temp was 38.2 after shower! Rang hospital they said come up to [email protected] My friend said I will take u up. Lovely staff did tests, turned out I have a water infection! On antibiotics. Not neutropenic though thankfully!

At the same time my son James was at Colchester A&E, Ips and Colchester share the same ear nose throat team and it moves every other weekend. They thought it was Quinses but it turn out to be very bad tonsillitus. He went for antibiotics Monday was refused by nurse practitioner and now it’s full blown! Oh my us two! What a pair. Once again NHS came up trumps!

Hope you enjoy your evening!

Norm came home early and I’ve been sent to bed! ⛑

Lv Jackie x

@jacksprat_x1

Jackie! Noo! I am so sorry to hear this. So glad you phoned hospital, and your lovely friend was in hand to help you.

I really hope the antibiotics kick in quickly, and get you sorted.

Bed, definitely the best place to be, proper rest needed.

So sorry to hear about your son too, tonsillitis is horrible, I used to get it a lot. My friends' son has come home from uni with it too.

I hope he recovers from it soon.

Bless you, rest up! No sneaky hoovering, do you hear? 🤗

Going to sit and do some cross stitch for a bit...

Lou xx

Hi Lou,

No hoovering!

I used to do crossstitch might do the kiddies their initials.

Hope you enjoyed your Uni trip.

Lv Jackie xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭

@jacksprat_x1

Morning Jackie

Mary is out at Hospice today so I have done the hoovering whilst listening to Freddie Mercury singing ‘I Want to Break Free’ and imagining him pushing his hoover around ~ great fun. Your idea of the rolling chair was OK till I reached the stairs 🙇‍♂️ Haha. I’m relaxing with a cup of tea and a sneaky Snickers bar now.

I hope your infection has cleared up and you have a nice comfortable day.

Rob xx

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

How are you doing? Have you got another chemo shot this week?

Just to say thinking of you, chat soon..

lots of hugs,

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff @RobertA

@Lesley

Good morning dear pals, how are you all keeping?

Sorry I’ve been out of the loop this past week. Water infection laid me low. Today is my first normal day this month and I’m off to have a blood test and pick line check before tomorrow’s chemo! 1 day feeling good and it starts all over tomorrow! Make the most of today! Where’s the chocolate?

Rob I laughed when I thought of you doing the hoovering to Freddie! I never thought about the stairs! Hope you have a good day today.

Hi Lou, how are feeling with your cold? I hope you enjoyed celebrating the two birthdays. My son is still bad with his tonsillitus , it is a horrible thing when it gets hold of you. Hope it won’t be too long before your swimming again.

Hi Lesley hope you are doing ok? When do go for your next appointment? Hope you have a good day.

Well better pop to hospital and get those bloods done. Be in touch again soon. Have a good day all!

Lv Jackie x

@jacksprat_x1

Morning Jackie,

Great to hear from you, I have been thinking of you. I hope that infection is going away. I hope your bloods go ok today. Treat yourself, or get Norman to, large bar of Cadbury's, or whichever is your fave! You deserve it!

I am sorry to hear your son is still unwell with the tonsillitis, it can take a while. I hope he feels better soon, and I really hope you don't get it!

I am finally getting over cold, having got another one, hahaha! All good here, first birthday today, 18th! Out for dinner tonight, back up to uni (again!!!) in a bit to fetch eldest home for the weekend, plus I think she is moving some of her stuff out already in preparation for next term. Tomorrow, is my husbands birthday, and then we have an exciting weekend planned!! a la Francais!

Chat to you later,

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou,

Bloods and infection gone! They tested at hospital. Yes!

I had a cream egg lovely! One for Norm too!

Sorry you had another cold. Was it your birthday? Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration weekend!

A la Francais 🇫🇷!

Take care.

Lv Jackie x