Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Need a pick me up

DeetheshopperDeetheshopper Posts: 9
edited April 27 in Cancer Coffee Break

It is one year today that I received my stoma and everything was taken out no but, no female parts, reconstructive surgery on bottom half private, also diagnosed with Crohn’s disease lmphydema ibd ibs acid reflux disease lactose intolerant all at one time. I am very thankful for another chance at life now I am gaining weight is this normal I am 5” 3” and now weigh 180 am I overweight I am getting comments you are getting fat . Just venting

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Deetheshopper ,

Oh my word, you poor thing! Being diagnosed with all of those things simultaneously must have been awful for you. It sounds as though you have endured a lot of treatment, and gone through so much to help you recover.

I do hope you are making a good recovery from everything and are slowly being able to resume life. It is wonderful you have come through it all.

Do you have others around you for support?

Can you speak to your dr about your weight concerns? There must be some gentle exercise you can do when you feel ready, to help you feel more in control of things. Any medication you may be on can also contribute to weight gain, that is why it would be good to see your dr when you can.

As for the other comments, ignore them. You hold your head up high, you have come through a major life battle, and you are still standing!

You are very welcome here, have a look through the various chats and discussions, there are many helpful comments, and everyone is very friendly.

Also, check out the last AMA on Yoga, this might be a form of exercise you could take part in, plus, if you wanted, you can do it at home.

Lou x