Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Chemo day today...

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say to all of you going in for another round of chemo today, I am thinking of you. You can do it!

Take it real easy, rest up loads, you are heading another step closer in the right direction.

Lou xx

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie, 
    How did you do yesterday and today?
    I hope your bloods were ok and chemo went ahead today as planned.

Speak soon, 

Lou xx
  • jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭

O bless you Lou,

ive been home a couple of hours now. Trying to chill out in sofa with tv on.

Bloods good, Chemo a bit tougher this time. Feeling effects of the cold. Evening though I am warm. Affected tongue, breathing , fingers and mild cramping of limbs. The girls at cottage hospital were marvellous warming me up and accompanying me to loo! So I didn’t have to touch cold metal fitments etc! I’m sitting with water bottle on my neck. Scarf too! No Sainsburys trip this week!

Norm has gone to Argos to get electric overblanket. Bless him. Not enough water bottles to go over my body haha.

Hope this is short lived but she she did say it could take a few days before it settles down. Tingling in fingers and feet. I feel my wings are about to be clipped! Never mind it’s all worth it in the end.

What sort of day have you had Lou. How is your ear?

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Lv Jackie xxx 😘

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

Oh bless you, stay wrapped up, I remember being the same way, lots of hot water bottles, and mine bought me this huge blanket that engulfed me. The only problem was sometimes it was a bit like on, off, on, off, in, out, in, out, shake it all about! as my body temperature was all over the place!😂.

Brilliant you have an electric one, just take it moment by moment, we're with you.

Anything particular on tv captured you? We didn't have Netflix or anything at the time, so I relied on dvd's box sets, worked my way through a few of those! oh and the Christmas channel on freeview, haha.

Ears still playing up, I am sat with a hwb balanced on my neck and shoulders too, dr says muscles are jammed tight.

But its nothing that won't work its way out in time. Patience needed by me! 😂.

Here for you anytime Jackie, just shout...

Will be praying you have a comfortable night.

Chat soon,

Lou xx

Thank you Lou,

I know exactly what you mean, hot,cold etc. Aren’t we lucky to have our loved ones to help us? 💖

I hope the water bottle will do its job well for you too. You have a good night too. Take care.

Lv Jackie

Trying to concentrate on Tv!