Good afternoon, it's Friday...again! (OK spot the deliberate mistake! Good evening Thursday! :) )

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 259 mod
edited February 21 in Cancer Coffee Break

Just wanted to say hi to all.

I'm not sure if your week has gone interminably slow, or your feet haven't touched the ground, whichever is the case I hope that whatever is on your schedule today I hope it goes smoothly, and you find the strength to do all you need to do.

Thinking of everyone going through another round of chemo, or facing yet another day at the hospital for radiotherapy, surgery, or recovery and also to all those who are supporting loved ones through this minefield of cancer.

I heard this quote recently by Joyce Meyer, hope you don't mind me sharing it.

'Having a rough day? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? It's called purpose. You're alive for a reason. Don't give up.'

We have a lot of rough days with cancer, some are very dark, others are more manageable. Some days we need to take a deep breath, put our big girl pants on (or big boy pants !), dig deep, and take one more step forwards. You can do it! You're not alone.

Yay, the sun has finally appeared, through the very grey clouds, but a very welcome sight.

Hope the weekend is peaceful and restful for everyone.

Lou x

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭

@LouiseJ

Hi Lou,

What a lovely post. Can’t really add anything to that.

Rob x

PS It's Thursday in Jersey 😀

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 259 mod

@RobertA

Hi Rob,

Oh my life!!! Clearly there is nothing anyone can do for me!!😂😂😂

Really! What shall I do, change it to Thursday, or leave it for tomorrow!! hahahahaha🤣🤣🤣

Still the sentiment is good for any day of the week..

I have been confused all week, which is now glaringly obvious for all to see!! hahaha

My sincere apologies to everyone. That is so funny!!

I'm crying....🤣🤣

Lou x

@Lesley

See it's not just you Lesley!!😂

xxx

edited February 21

I think Del-boy would be calling me a right plonker!

• RobertARobertA Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭

@LouiseJ

Hey Lou

It was still a lovely sentiment and we have an extra day to enjoy it.

xx