Frequent urination

I had my second Chemo session on Friday,last night I was up on the hour every hour needing to go a wee.

i am absolutely exhausted,there are no signs of a water infection and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this side effect.

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 161 mod

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

Oh dear, that is not a good thing. I don't remember that specifically, although, I was already getting up in the night a lot anyway, but I can't remember if there was an increase.

Have you contacted the chemo ward to check if this is a possible side-effect?

I hope you have been able to rest today, and tonight I hope it will be different and not a repeat.

Take care,

Lou x

• PositiveLady10PositiveLady10 Posts: 41 ✭✭

Hi Lou,

I seemed to remember this happening a few days after my 1st Chemo session,so maybe it will be a "norm" for me.I did mention it to my Chemo nurse last time and she said ,watch your temperature incase it's an infection,but I've got no other signs.

A friend visited today,she brought me a bunch of Roses and a Chanel scarf,how lucky am I,her kindness really cheered me up.

I feel as if I'm coming to terms with things now,and I am enjoying visitors coming,which I didn't want for ages,while I got my head around it all.

Ive 2 Chemo sessions in March, 3rd on 8th March and then the 4th on 29th March when they will be introducing Herceptin and another drug. Heart scan prior to session 4, then husband got to start the tummy injections.

So on it goes Lou,anyway this weather,what else would I be doing??

Speak soon,take care xx

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 161 mod

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

Yes, watching your temperature is vital, as you may not feel symptoms as such.

How lovely of your friend to bring such a lovely gift, very thoughtful, and luxurious! Perfick!

I am so glad you are getting into a rhythm with the treatment, you will find it goes quicker than you realise, being able to have some visitors will help prevent you going stir-crazy. Plus it's always nice to do some thing 'non-cancer', coffee with friends always good!😄

Keep getting lots of rest, I am thinking of you, and cheering you on.

I do hope you have a good nights sleep tonight.

Chat soon,

Lou x