Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Feeling bereft after treatment

2»

Comments

• CloughieCloughie Posts: 11

Hi Rob

That’s is really good news you must be so relieved.

I had my mammogram which was pretty uncomfortable and I made a real twit of myself as when it was finished I burst into tears!!!

If they find anything I should hear in a couple of days but if all clear will get confirmation in post in a couple of weeks. Fingers tightly crossed!!!!

Love Carol xxxx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertA

Hi Rob, that's great news...and breathe . Have a peaceful evening. xx

@Cloughie

Hi Carol,

Bless you, it is painful isn't it. When you have been through cancer, these checks are emotional, I have cried several times at the hospital, haha, now I know where the 'special' room is with the tissues and comfy chairs!

I hope you have a peaceful evening, try not to worry waiting for the results.

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,197 mod

@Cloughie

Good evening Carol

Thank you for your kind comments.

Cancer is such a roller coaster of emotions and a few tears are pretty normal. I still have them and I am happy to do so. I often think back to the stiff formal days of my youth and recall that my Dad and I never had a hug even though we loved each other. So sad.

Fingers and toes tightly crossed for you

Rob xx

• 4Gretton4Gretton Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Managed my swim though didn’t do quite so much as was getting sore but feel so pleased with myself for making myself get up and doing it. Hope you managed to do yours @Cloughie.

Am gearing up for colonoscopy on Saturday morning, so it’s been the boring bland diet today, nothing tomorrow apart from light breakfast and then clear drinks and then the joys of moviprep before scope on Saturday. I hate this procedure SO much! Am hopeful that having had a clear scan all will be well. Brings back bad memories though of my initial procedure when they found tumour. Yuk couple of days coming up- boo hoo.

Hope your appointments went ok @Cloughie and @RobertA .... nice photos btw.

its a pity lovely weather has come to end but at least you have an excuse not to do gardening now @Sunshinedaff !!

Sweet dreams everyone

@4Gretton xxxx

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭

Good morning,

I am pleased for you that you managed your swim.

I just wanted to say I am thinking of you this morning. I hope that you have a good outcome and can put all the preparations you had to do past you, once it’s over, and can enjoy a bit of relaxation time to yourself. It’s not nice is it ?but it will soon be over and I always tell myself how lucky I am to be able to have access to the care when it is something I’m worried about. Hoping for a good outcome for you.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards

Jackie x

jackie..... thank you so so much. Just read this on way to hospital. It means so much to have support from people that know what it’s about. Thank you xx

You are more than welcome. Hope all goes well. Treat yourself to something nice after, you deserve it! Very small to very large! 😆🙋‍♀️X

@4Gretton

Hi,

May I add my wholehearted echo to Jackie's post. She has said it all! @jacksprat_x1

Thinking of you now, hope it goes really well and that you will be home again soon recovering.

🤗🤗

Lou xx

@4Gretton

Me too.

Rob x

All clear!! A bit of stricture round site of op but no action to be taken at the moment. As long as I keep managing that side of things and dosing myself with the senna and laxido it should be ok. Oh the joys!! The colonoscopy itself went ok despite registrar saying it could be difficult as after 4 major abdominal surgeries my poor colon has been manhandled and bashed about a bit. Well, I don’t know whether it was the extra sedation he said he’d give me or his skills, but it was the best yet.

The worst part of it for me is the moviprep-each time I find it more and more difficult to get down my throat. I end up feeling so desperately ill and without the regular pain relief from my dear friend morphine in my system. I end up in a very bad place. I shouldn’t complain, it is only 24-48 hours of horribleness, but it takes me mentally right back to my very poorly days and I’m sure most of you don’t need any descriptions of what that place is like.

Time to dust myself down now and get my act together and remind myself that it was clear and count my blessings.

Thank you again everyone for your kind messages

@4Gretton

Good morning to you!! .

I am so glad it went well, and the results are clear. It sounds like a very unpleasant procedure and preparation. I take my hat off to you, that is tough to go through. I do hope your recovery from it will be quick, and you continue to go from strength to strength.

Take care,

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff

Thanks Lou

Enjoy rest of your weekend xx

@4Gretton @Sunshinedaff

Hi, good morning, I echo Lou’s sentiment too!

I am so pleased for you that it went well and your have the all clear. It sounds like it’s the end of a long road for you. 2019 is your year!

I sympathise with you as I had to undertake the bowel prep procedure over 2 days too. It’s nasty! 😝

I will have one again, once my colostomy is reversed and bowel rejoined. O joy! But has to be done.

I hope that you have a wonderful cancer free day. Congratulations 🥳🥂🍾.

Dont be a stranger, you have a lot to offer in helping new bowel people like me.

Take care

Love Jackie x

@4Gretton

Fantastic news. I am so pleased for you. Thank you for letting us know. It is lovely to hear the good news stories and so encouraging for others.

Ha, the senna thing. Mine is the opposite following radiotherapy a couple of years ago and I plan my days so that I am always no more than five minutes away from a loo. Ha, ha.

Be kind to yourself, you have been through a lot and it can take time to get back to normal. And I’m still not normal according to Mary. 🤡

Rob x

Thank you @jacksprat_x1 and @RobertA

I feel a bit guilty Jackie moaning about moviprep when I was lucky enough to escape having a colostomy. It’s great though that you are having it reversed.

I know what you mean Rob about being near loo. It’s a bit dicey at times getting my concoctions right so I too have to know am not far away. Never thought my life would be so governed by my bum!!!ha ha

I reckon I’m just about over my scope at the w’end now-don’t think any of us can quite say back to normal! Must admit after a play date with my gorgeous twin daughter toddlers yesterday am pretty exhausted-but what fun. Pizza making in their mummies new kitchen-it’s amazing how far pizza sauce and grated cheese can go!! Mummy couldn’t believe it!

Hopr you’re all well xxx

Oh no what you’ve been through please don’t feel guilty.

Actually you know it is pretty convenient! I don’t miss the constant sits on the loo and the always having to be near one or keeping an eye out for one.!

My son and his friend were joking that actually could be convenient for festivals! Naughty boys!

Of course when the time comes for reversal I will have it done but I know if it cannot be done after all it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if it remained.

May be too much info! 😂

lv Jackie x

I’m glad you had fun cooking with the children. They make things better . Xx