Stomach Cramps

I am due my 2nd FCT chemo treatment this week, I have been experiencing really bad stomach cramps which have been bending me in half.
Has anyone else been experiencing this.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    @PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara

How are you feeling today? 
    So sorry to hear the cramps are so bad. Have you mentioned it to the chemo nurses, by phoning them?  I know you have round two this week, but maybe they could suggest something before then. Do you think you could be dehydrated as well? 
    I know I had terrible cramps but I put it down to all the anti sickness and pain meds I was on. The oncologist did prescribe something for it to try and help me. 

I really hope it improves soon for you. 

Lou xx
  • PositiveLady10PositiveLady10 Posts: 24
    Hi Lou, been for a blood test today prior to seeing Oncologist tomorrow at 10a.m, will mention the stomach cramps to her.
    Ive then got to have another blood test prior to Chemo On Friday..... joke!!!!
    Hair shedding loads today, reckon it will be gone by the w/e at this rate.
    Ive got my 2 smallest granddaughters visiting at the W/e aged 7 and 9, I’ll have to wear either a hat or my wig as I don’t want to scare them, the little one doesn’t miss a thing!!!

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

That's a bit odd to do chemo bloods on the same day as chemo, does that mean you have to wait for results before they can give you the chemo?

I hope the visit to the oncologist goes ok, do you see the same person each time?

Oh bless you with your granddaughters. Yes, children don't miss a thing. Is that for a day visit?

Do you have a hat to wear at night in bed so your head doesn't feel so cold? I used to wear a beanie hat, but used to blow hot and cold all the time.

I am sorry about your hair, it's all coming back to me, I remember it so clearly.

Sending you lots of hugs.

Lou x

Hi Lou,

I had a blood test today before I see the Oncologist tomorrow,then I will have another one p.m. tomorrow and have Chemo on Friday.Hair has driven me mad to day,shedding everywhere!!

I hope to see the same Oncologist as she's really nice.

I have got sleep hats,will probably wear one tonight and the next few nights,my woollen hat I wore today to go for the blood test was full of hair when I got home.

I want to ask Oncologist why I will be having an extra 3 drugs added to my chemo from session 4,when I was told it was just going to be having Herceptin added?

I'll let you know.

All for now,take care xx

.@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

I hope it goes well today, and you get the information you need.

I thought you were on FEC-T chemo, sorry if I have that wrong?

Can you make an appointment to see a hairdresser Barbara? Just to get the last of it off? It will be better in the end.

Chat later,

Lou x

Hi Lou,

I am on FEC-T treatment, but they are introducing 3 other drugs from session 4, this will be an all day appointment.Bloods were good today so able to have 2nd chemo Friday. I was given Buscopan tabs for the stomach cramps to try and some moth wash.

I told her about my tender scalp she said it’s where the chemo inflames your scalp!!!

Also from session 4 my husband has got to give me a daily injection into the tummy every day for a week every 3 weeks for 3 times...... I can’t believe I’ve got so much fun to look forward to haha xx

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

Glad the bloods were ok, that is good. Saves a hold up in treatment.

I am glad you have some meds for the stomach cramps.

Oh really, ah, well at least we now know what causes the pain.

I had to have daily injections too, my husband did mine as well. Into my thigh! Bless him, he hated doing it, but I was too chicken to do it myself haha. It wasn't easy, we sort of counted to three and wham! We were both very glad to see the back of them.

Do you have a date for surgery yet?

I know, it is a lot to go through, also, perhaps a good idea to begin wearing nail polish from now on.

It will be over quicker than you think, then you will look back and see how far you've come.

Lou x

• Hi Barbra and positivelady

ITToo

Hi Maddie, welcome to the site, you will find this site very helpful, and the people on heee are lovely.

Not sure what you were saying in your message, maybe you could message me again?

Take care,

Barbara

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 101 mod

@maddie24blueeyes

Hi Maddie,

Lovely to meet you, you are very welcome here.

There are a lovely lot of people here who look out for each other, share stories, good and bad, whatever is on our minds. You will find a lot of encouragement and hope here, I hope! 😊

Chat to you soon,

Lou x

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

Just to say I am thinking of you. I hope chemo on Friday went smoothly, and you are managing through these first few days of round two.

Sending you gentle hugs,

Lou x

Hi Lou,

not a bad day yesterday, had granddaughters here and quality time.

Today a different day, sicky feeling the whole day, no energy and a bit tearful.

Hopefully a better day tomorrow.

The jersey sleep hats I’ve bought are too hot so I’m looking for 100% cotton?

How are you xx

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

Ah yes, your grandchildren's visit. That must have been lovely for you, though I hope not too tiring.

Sorry to hear you are feeling sick,and tearful. Are you taking anti-sickness tablets to help with the nausea? You are doing brilliantly Barbara, being tearful is not unusual. Hang in there!

The hat problem I can understand. I was asking about the bamboo hats the other day. They are meant to be really soft and breathable, which would be comfortable for you, especially at night. Maybe you could try one of those?

I am getting over a heavy cold which is bouncing back and forth between us all. My husband and daughter are both unwell again!. Not good timing with exams after half term, but we'll get there.

I hope you manage to get some good rest tonight.

Speak soon,

Lou x