Hello all - just arrived on this site!
I have had a double mastectomy from lobular breast cancer - reconstruction with silicone implants. Also have an inaccessible MEningioma in the petrous apex  and to top it all I have just had surgery for a melanoma on my leg plus both a basal cell and a squamous cell cancer!
Having said that I'm absolutely fine - get on with life pretty well apart from balance problems - and am probably thought to be the village drunk!
I do however know what these things do to one and if my experience can be of any help I'm here and am also good for virtual hugs ((()))

Comments

• LadyblueLadyblue Posts: 6
    Anybody else have melanoma?
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 101 mod
    Hello @Ladyblue

A very warm welcome to you, 
    Wow, that's a lot to go through, you sound as though you are a strong person with a lot of inner strength. 
    Are you under any other treatment to help you?
    I am so glad you have joined us here, it will be great to get to know you and hear how you are getting on.
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, underwent chemo, mastectomy and radiotherapy which was successful in removing all the cancer. I was left with some long lasting side-effects which has taken a long time to recover from, but at least I am still here, and I am very thankful for that.

This is a friendly group, with lots of support and encouragement from one another, I hope you find it so too.

Lou x
  • LadyblueLadyblue Posts: 6
    Thanks for the welcome Lou - I consider the bc cured, pretty high pain meds for the headaches the little lodger in my head causes (known as the cranial alien) and very regular visits to the onco plastic surgeon (who is young enough to be my grandson  but I'm totally in love with) who I've put in charge of my melanoma. Rather than being strong Lou I think I'm in total denial!  Added to the above I'm also diabetic which, unfortunately, I can't ignore - my body is a total disaster!! However there's not a lot I can do about it so have to embrace the humour in it - if I can laugh at myself it makes for people around me to be comfortable with all the c*** that goes on within me lol x
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    @Ladyblue
    Hi ladyblue,
    My goodness, you have had a lot thrown at you. You are most welcome to our  friendly group where your experience and lovely sense of humour will be a big asset, and the virtual hugs sound good. 
    One of the great things about this group is that we can talk openly about our different cancers and how we are affected, and know that we will find lots of support from each other. 

Rob x