malcolm 22

I was diagnosed with non small cell stage 4 lung cancer,  i'm a first timer on this site,please exscuse me if I get it all wrong, is there anyone who is living with this also ?

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    @malcolm22 ;

Good evening Malcolm, and a very warm welcome to you. Please do not think you are getting it all wrong, there is no right or wrong way.
    So glad you have joined and made yourself known.
    There are a few here with Lung Cancer, although the specifics I am unsure of. I had breast cancer.
    @Roy started a Lung cancer thread, under the heading 'Coping with treatments and side-effects''. There is also another Lung cancer thread that several people have chatted on that @hessom started. Again, it is under the 'Coping with treatments and side-effects' category.

How are you doing with it all? Have you been diagnosed long? Although the cancer I had is different to you, I do understand the shock and fear that comes when you hear the news. There is so much to take in, so much happens all at the same time, with appointments, scans MRI's etc. It's a whirlwind.

I hope you find the group to be supportive and helpful to you. It is very friendly, and there is usually someone around to talk to. There is also a thread 'Us as people not the disease' under the 'What's on your mind today' section, where you can chat about anything. 

You can also start a new conversation anytime. 

Please keep in touch, let us know how you are doing.

Lou x
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12
    Hi All 
    Tried to contact @malcolm22 but could connect with hi, for some reason.
    If he needs any support or advise. I am sure I could do that. As you are aware I have Small Cell Lung Cancer which has now spread to my Spine & Plura . So I could certainly sympathise with him and what thoughts are going through his head at the moment. I suppose I am one of the lucky one’s that I ( Touch wood! ) am not really suffering any of the general symptoms that others are or have been going through. In fact having completely turned my eat and drinking side of my life around I can honestly say that I haven’t felt this good for years and that’s after only having just two sections of Chemotherapy.
    I now only drink Green Tea with a T-spoon of set honey(Probably 6 or 7 times a day) I am now almost Vegetarian apart from the odd egg & bacon roll? 
    I eat a lot of Broccoli. Fresh fruit 🍇🍎🥑🍅🥬 🥕🥭🍊When I can. We eat lots of meals with Home made Tomato Sauce. These changes I am sure have helped fight the Cancer but not only that it has made me feel more positive in the fact that I am also doing something to help fight this thing. Also of course I have tried to be more active. Which of course has helped me feel better about myself. With having Cancer one has to fight and by keeping healthy and fit it really does help.

Wishing everybody all the encouragement I can wish.👍💥
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 101 mod
    @Roy

Good evening Roy, 

Thank you so much for sharing this, I am sure it will be of great benefit and encouragement to others.
    I am sure that when @malcolm22 checks in next he will see your post anyway.

I am so pleased for you that even with the cancer and the treatment, you are feeling so healthy. It really is good news.
    Your posts are very inspiring.

I still can't get my head or taste around green tea, my husband has it sometimes, but I am not keen on it.  :#
    Your homemade tomato sauce sounds interesting, is it your own recipe?

Have a good evening, 

Lou x

• MurMur Posts: 3
    Hi Malcom
    I was diagnosed last July with lung cancer . I have had 7 chemo and 30 radio therapies  
    From the time of diagnosis to finishing treatment it is like getting on a rollercoaster that does not stop  
    I finished my treatment in October and had my scan in November and my tumour had shrunk from 4cm to 1 cm . I am now having immuneotherapy which will be for a year to build my system up to fight off future cancers 
    If I can help in any way please let me know, stay strong and fight ig with all you have 

Hi Malcom,
    I have replied to everybody yesterday and you will find when you check in again.
    I definitely like the above note from @M. Very encouraging and very impressive. I would like some of that. The problem now of course I now have it in three locations. I wonder how that will pan out in my next scan? Due two weeks after my next Chemotherapy on Thursday week. Still I haven’t had the treatment that @M has had. Still there is hope. Thanks @M
    Sorry I should have referred to Mur instead of @M ;