Good afternoon to everyone....

LouiseJLouiseJ modPosts: 330 mod
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I hope wherever you may be that the weather has not prevented anyone from being able to attend hospital appointments this week.
I know what it is like when appointments get changed through no fault of anyone really, how frustrating that can be.
You gear yourself up for an operation, or chemo etc, then it gets delayed. As cancer patients, the stress and anxiety can be overwhelming already, put weather problems in the mix, then,,,aarrgh!

Today, here in the south, it's a beautiful sunny day, very cold still, the roads are icy, but no more snow. If you have it worse, especially anyone in the US, I hope you get some relief soon.

Best wishes to you all for a peaceful, relaxed, weekend.

Lou x

Comments

• RobertARobertA ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    Hello Lou

What a thoughtful post.  We haven't had any really cold weather here yet, and I had not thought about people having travel issues. 🤔

Mary and I took a walk along the beach this morning then treated ourselves to a cream tea at Jersey Pearl. All the good work undone. It was worth it though.

Rob X 
  • LouiseJLouiseJ mod Posts: 330 mod
    Hi Rob, 

That sounds lovely! Just see it as 'maintaining', haha, we found a new coffee shop we hadn't been to before. Very peaceful, and relaxing place to sit and chill. 

Lou x
  • LadyblueLadyblue Posts: 6
    Almost sorry to have to tell you this but I'm sitting having breakfast on our terrace in Tenerife!! It's going to be a very hot day - the sort of day that makes me curse my melanoma!! I want to venture the 50 yards to the beach! Hey - maybe I need a Burkini !!
    @Ladyblue

Hello, how wonderful for you! That sounds absolutely delightful! 
    t-shirt over swimsuit, hat and shorts perhaps to venture in to the water? I think I would be tempted to try.

Even so, have a lovely day in the warmth. 
    Here the sun is very bright, but no warmth! haha!

Lou x
  • LadyblueLadyblue Posts: 6
    Me and factor 50 are good friends! I do stay out of the sun in the middle of the day but venture in and out of it during the rest of the day - to be honest I'm not a sunworshiper so am happy to sit in the shade.  Looking at a lot of 70'+ ladies this morning - topless -  does make me wonder why!! Each to their own I guess!
    @Ladyblue

Yes, me too with the factor 50, however I still get colour with it. My skin changed a lot after chemo, 2 seconds in sunlight and I looked tanned. I am, well I used to be, a redhead, fair skin and freckles, when I was little, every little girl's nightmare! So very different for me.
    I don't sit out in it either, it tends to happen while I am gardening. 

Hahahahaha...oh dear!! I can't imagine!  :s  :s

Lou x