Tdap flap breast reconstruction..has anyone had this?

After quite a lot of surgery, including a bilateral DIEP , I am having bilateral tdap (thoraco-dorsal artery) flap reconstruction later in the year. Im hoping to look a bit normal again and wondered if anyone else has had this type of reconstruction? I particularly wanted to know about  post op. I was surprised to find the DIEP not as awful as I had feared. Challenging certainly but survivable!

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @drdspg

Is that the reconstruction surgery where they take skin from the abdomen and reattach to the breast area?

I decided against reconstruction in the end, I couldn't face the long operation, and I didn't want implants. I know there was a huge waiting list, and I would have had to go to Salisbury hospital where they have the expertise. 

I opted for a reduction on the remaining side, (they wouldn't remove it, which is what I wanted, but accepted they knew best! Haha).

I hope you are making a good recovery from all your treatment. May this last operation for you be the completion of it all. 

Best wishes

Lou x
  • drdspgdrdspg Posts: 5
    Hi , no, the abdominal one is the DIEP which I had before. This one takes a flap from the side/back..