Hello

Thanks for adding me this group. I will be 73 this monthand have stage four Ovarian Cancer. My Chemo hasn't been very effective and I am currently having targeted therapy in the form of Avastin. I am OK with it most of the time but get very scared at others.. My family are very supportive and kind but I have some dark moments. I'm looking at diet at the moment to see if that can make a difference. 

Comments

• gloden02gloden02 Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Hi Vron. I am 79 and was diagnosed with T cell NHL Oct 2017. I have had radiotherapy and 6 sessions of Chop Chemo. I went into this very strong and positive but now like yourself I have my low moments. I’m to see my oncologist next Tuesday. Hoping for good news but so worried. Can’t sleep and can’t get it off my mind. If the Chemo haven’t worked I don’t know what I will have. Hope you start to feel better soon with your treatment. Keep in touch. Lots of hugs . Glo xxx
  • VronVron Posts: 15
    Thanks for the encouragement Glo. Not sure if you got my reply but I can't see it now. I'm still learning to navigate the site. 
    I see my Oncologist on Tuesday too so hope we both get good news, lots of love 💕 
    hi Vron . Saw my oncologist today. My bloods were all good and liver and kidneys good too. He is very pleased with my results and I am over the moon. Not got to see him until mid May. Feel so relieved and grateful. Hope you had good news too. Lots of love xx
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    @Vron ;

Hi, how did it go today with you?

Lou x
    Not too brilliant, my Ovarian markers are still off the scale and although the cancers haven't shrunk my Dr seems to think they have stabilised, a CT scan will be more definitive. 
    The bad news is I noticed some lumps in my breasts over the last couple of weeks and they will need to be investigated. I panicked when I felt them and with hindsight I should have contacted the team right away. 
    I can't see myself lasting very long, it's amazing I'm still here. I'm in sorting out mode now xxx

I am so pleased that you had good news Glo, I hope it continues xx
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    @Vron ;

I am so sorry there wasn't better news for you, I hope you will be fast-tracked through for the breast appointments and you get a CT scan very soon to confirm what the dr thinks. I am thinking of you, please come and chat whenever you feel like it. 

Lou x
    Thanks Lou, I'm so glad I have this group to share with, you take care xx 
    hi Vron. Oh so sorry you dident get better news . Hope the CT Scan comes through soon . Don’t start worrying about the lumps on your breast . They maybe benign. I have had a lump on my breast which after a biopsy was benign. Stay in touch on here. Always here for you . Lots of hugs Glo xxx
    Thanks Glo, I'm trying to stay positive, I don't know anything for certain yet. Xxx