What else is there

My treatment for peritoneal cancer all finished at the end of September 2018. I had become platinum resistant and after 15 infusions of weekly paclitaxol I was told this was also not working. I have now been 'farmed' out to Macmillan but I feel let down. There must be something out there that can be done

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    Hi @GlenysJoan ;

Welcome to the group.

I am really sorry for you that the treatment you have had so far has been unsuccessful in dealing with the cancer.
    Even more sorry to hear you feel so out on a limb from further treatment. Have you been in touch with Macmillan? Did they have any suggestions?

Is it possible for you to insist on seeing your oncologist again, get a referral from GP if necessary, to perhaps explore other options. Like you say, surely there must be something. What about any medical trials that you could be put forward for? Anything is worth a try. I think that you will need to be persistant, become a bother to them. Because if you are prepared to fight to be rid of it, they should be prepared to help you find a way. 

I saw you posted a question to @Lucy_ODonnell , so hopefully she will be able to give you some ideas.

Perhaps there are others here in your situation who have pursued other options.

Lou x

• GlenysJoanGlenysJoan Posts: 3
    Thank you for your response.
    Macmillan seem to be following same route as consultant and saying better to be going for quality of life in what time I have left rather than chasing treatments. Clinical trials were investigated but as most involved weekly paclitaxol and I had already had that with little success towards the end that was also ruled out.
    Glenys