Scared

hi all I have just joined. I was diagnosed with terminal secondary cancer in March 2016 and was given 4 months to live and I am still here!! 
I am now getting scared as I feel I can't have much longer to go and my 2 daughters are pregnant. One I'd due in April and the other is due in June. I am scared I won't make it to see them and wondered if any one had ideas to keep me positive as my positivity is waning.
thank you,

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning @poochy ;
    So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, it is great that you have been able to prove the experts wrong. You must be very strong to have come so far and I bet that you will get to see your grandchildren. 

I have had a lot of support from the wonderful Macmillans who provided me with a counsellor free of charge. It made a huge difference to me. 
    My wife is a volunteer at Hospice and they have also provided enormous support and empathy. 

Please keep in touch. There are a lot of lovely people in this Community and we love to chat, support and encourage each other. 

Rob x 

• LesleyLesley Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Hi Poochy !Yes as Rob said you have proved them wrong ! We are all stronger than we know! Just centre on those babies and seeing them! You can do it! 
    Lesley xx
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    @Poochy ;

Hi Poochy, 

I am so sorry about your diagnosis, but wonderful to hear that you have defied the odds. Fantastic! The dr's can only give an estimate, and even then can be wildly wrong. No-one knows how long we have on this earth except God. 

You keep living, keep expecting, keep looking forwards, don't allow the fear of tomorrow rob you of today .What a wonderful thought to know you have two babies to look forward to. Having things to look forwards to really helps people to live. (Not cancer related but a member of my family has a degenerative disease since birth. Diagnosed at 3, told would have until 14 maybe, but he is now 52! Completely dumbfounded all the dr's) Cancer patients do the same, things are not written in stone. 

In case you haven't seen, join in with the AMA on Weds, I think Lucy will have some great insight which will encourage you. 

We are all here for you, and stand with you..you are not alone.

Lou x