Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Good morning, Wednesday here...

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Half way through the week already!

Good morning everyone,

I do hope it is a 'so far, so good' week for you, what ever you have going on, whether it is treatment, operations, recovery, or adjustment to a diagnosis.

It is a beautiful day here in the south, trying to make the most of it by getting lots of washing on the line, haha, you know how it is! haha 😀.

Yesterday we went out for the day to Exeter, a pre-uni visit. We had been several times but never to look around the city or surrounding area. It was lovely, we ended the trip by going down to Exmouth. We were so glad we did, it is simply beautiful, the beach is stunning. Brilliant weather as well.

I hope you all have a good day, if you have any news or would like to chat, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Chat soon,

Lou 😀

Comments

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited July 14

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou

It has been a sunny and warm day here too.

Your Exeter trip sounds really lovely. Is Hannah going to Exeter University? It must be a huge relief to be able to get back to some sort of normality, especially for young people who have missed out a lot because of COVID over the last 18 months or so.

Well, I had a series of blood tests yesterday and I have five medical appointments next week. One of them is my annual test with the Memory Clinic for Older People and I am a bit worried as I know from last year that the questions and tests can be pretty challenging. 😯🧑‍🎓

We bought a new car today. We love our Old Merc but we know it’s time to go for something more compact with Park Assist etc. The new one is a hybrid and runs mostly on electric in Jersey conditions so we are feeling very smug about our green credentials.

Here it is.

Chat soon.

Rob xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JerseyBob

Hi Rob,

Ooohh, I do love your new car!! It looks great, when do you pick it up? What colour is it, I can't work out if the lighting is playing tricks and it is white?

I know you loved your mercedes, but as you say, this will make it easier to get around the island, I am sure Mary will love driving it! 😁.

It is Phoebe going to Exeter in September, assuming lockdown hasn't returned again by then! It is going to be a huge change for her, very nervous about it all.

I do hope your appointments this week go ok, especially the memory test one, you have a busy week ahead then.

Have a good evening,

Chat soon,

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff

Good afternoon Lou

The car’s colour is surf blue and it is a bit bluer than it looks in the photograph. We are picking it up next week. Mary is a bit anxious about driving again, but she is a very good driver and she will soon get into the swing again.

Of course, I should have realised it is Phoebe going to Exeter. How time flies. It will be a challenge at first but she did so well with her holiday job and I’m sure she will love it.

Rob xx

@JerseyBob

Hi Rob,

Ohh, that is a lovely colour!! That is exciting, something to look forward to next week!

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou

Wow, it’s Wednesday again already.

I was thinking of how much you will miss Phoebe whilst she is away at Uni. Hopefully, you will be able to pop over and see her most weekends.

It has been a busy two weeks with the medics. I am looking to get my steroid use reduced significantly over the next few weeks and to achieve that I am being treated with a biological vaccine which is self injected weekly. I did the first one yesterday - it was easier than I thought and that is good. I guess I am just used to needles these days, aren’t we all,

My other challenge was the Memory Clinic test on Monday. They let me go home so I must have done OK. 🤣 Seriously, I was really nervous beforehand but I actually enjoyed the challenge once I got into it.

It has been a nice day today. Sunny, but not over hot and with a nice cool breeze.

Chat soon

Rob xx

@JerseyBob

Hi Rob,

I am glad to hear your appointments went well, especially the memory test. I am sorry it causes you anxiety beforehand though. Do they suggest you do some memory game exercises to help your memory retention processes? Very brave of you to self-inject, I wasn't able to do that. Mark had to give me mine when I needed them, he was brave doing that!

Yes we will miss Phoebe very much, and she us, I am not looking forward to it at all. My tummy is flipping now just typing this! But we do keep saying she is only 2hrs away.

We have a semi bright day here today, same as yesterday. When the sun comes out from the clouds it is still lovely and warm. I hope we haven't seen the last of the summer yet!

Have you collected the car yet, and taken it for a spin round the island? Enjoy it!

I hope you both have a great day, chat soon,

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff

Good evening Lou

Of course you will miss Phoebe and she will miss you. FaceTime is not perfect but I find it a consolation that I am able to speak with and see my sisters whilst using it. I think that Phoebe is very courageous taking on this new challenge and I know she will make you proud.

We pick the car up tomorrow. Mary’s sister was so impressed by our description that she tested one herself and bought it straight away. She owns a static caravan in Yorkshire, about 70 miles from her home in Cheshire and being retired she goes there a lot. We are pleased she has the new one as her old car was, well, old and worn and the new car is more economical and much safer. We washed, polished and cleaned the Mercedes yesterday. We didn’t have to of course, but we have loved it for seven years and we wanted it to look it’s best.

Haha, no more medical appointments for a couple of weeks at least. 🥂😀

Chat soon.

Rob xx