Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Chemo support

JeenJeenJeenJeen Posts: 4

Hello friends,

How is everyone?

I was diagnosed with cancer (combined and complicated). I underwent surgery to remove part of the tumor and underwent two chemotherapy treatments that affected me very badly. Both in terms of the general feeling, both in terms of the immune system, and in terms of the decrease in white blood cells.

I took a dietary supplement - ginger 'to relieve nausea, as well as with CBD oil

I drink a lot of water - it helps remove toxins from the body.

I recently read a lot of recommendations about the Israeli product LIFEMEL - this is a development of special honey that helps relieve the side effects of chemotherapy like raising the level of white blood cells, strengthening the immune system, relieving pain, and feeling better overall. It seems to me that I will try it, but since it is not really cheap, I thought to ask if anyone here has tried the LIFEMEL and has any recommendations or tips on the subject.

This is the product link https://www.top-probiotics.com/lifemel

I appreciate your reply,

Jeena

Tagged:

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeenJeen

Hi Jeena

Welcome to the forum, although I am very sorry you are here because of a cancer diagnosis.

I have not heard of this honey to help relieve side effects of chemotherapy.

I am so sorry you have had such a rough time going through treatment. I do understand that.

Cancer treatment is very gruelling both physically and mentally. We can all have very different reactions to it, though some will be similar.

Are you still undergoing treatment?

It is possible some of our other members have some knowledge or experience of the honey.

There are many people here, everyone is very supportive, friendly and helpful. I am glad you found us.

Please keep in touch with how you are getting on.

Lou x

• JeenJeenJeenJeen Posts: 4

Hi Lou,

I appreciate your support and your help,

I do need some treatments therefore I ordered the Lifemel.

I should receive it any day and I promise to write a Lifemel review here :-)

I hope it would work for me,

Thanks again,

Jeena

@JeenJeen

Hi Jeena,

That's great , let us know how you get on with it. I hope the rest of your treatment goes smoothly for you, and you start to se a path to recovery.

Lou x

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry that it took me so long, but I promised to review the Lifemel honey, and it is about time.

Well, I don't have enough words to express how good it is,

I used it as Chemo support (Although I understand that it is good also for Anemia treatment). It really improved my situation: It improved my blood platelet count, it Increased my hemoglobin level, and the doctor was in shock - It happened within a few days.

The most important thing is that it really made me feel good, despite the hard treatment I went through.

I recommend it! (I ordered it at this link top-probiotics.com/lifemel , and it arrived well packed, in no time, but you can find it in other web stores as well)

If you have any other tips for me, please share,

Thanks,

Jeena

@JeenJeen

Hi Jeena

Lovely to hear from you. I am glad you have had some positive outcomes using the honey.

I know it is very important for anyone who is considering trying anything like this to check with their medical team before embarking on taking supplements/minerals or using herbal/alternative medicines, just in case they can cause conflict with any treatment being undertaken.

I am guessing you have discussed this with your doctor already.

I hope you continue to make progress and move forward in recovery.

Take care,

Lou x

Thank you very much Lou