Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

It’s Friday, it’s the weekend!! ....

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 762 mod

Hi everyone, I hope your weeks have gone well, smoothly especially if treatment or appointments have been attended.

Here for anyone who would like a chat, about anything. Thinking of you all.

Chat soon,

Lou x

Comments

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 83 mod

@LouiseJ

Hi Lou

Haha, that photo is funny.

I’ve had a little setback inasmuch as my GCA flared up the other day and I have had to push the steroids back up again. Looks as if I will have to go onto the new biological treatment which involves self injecting every week but will hopefully allow me to cut down on the steroids and reduce the side effects.

In the meantime I am not very mobile so it is lucky for me that I have been able to enjoy the cricket on TV. It is fantastic to see the big crowds back and they have been singing and cheering non stop all day every day. The sense of relief and joy at getting some normality back is plain to see. Let’s hope the COVID Delta strain doesn’t push everything back again.

The football Euros are on too and England are amongst the favourites to win though I’m not holding my breath. It’s just as well that Mary likes both sports 😀.

Another lovely day today and we have been a bit lazy to be honest. Lunch on the balcony and a relaxing afternoon in the Sun.

Chat soon.

Rob x

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 762 mod

@JerseyBob

Hi Rob,

Oh I am really sorry things have flared up again for you. I hope the increase in steroid brings it back into control very soon. When do you think the new treatment will start?

Glad you are taking it easier, enjoying a peaceful afternoon, lovely to have the balcony to sit on.

Scorching here today, sat in the garden with the gazebo up for some shade. Have finally managed to get most garden things potted up, the greenhouse is full with cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, courgette, herbs, carrots and onions. The fruits are outside. Now just got to keep them alive!

Saw this it made me laugh!

Have a great evening,

Lou xx

• AnnebAnneb Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

@LouiseJ @JerseyBob

Im back in...woo hoo.

💖😀💖😀💖😀💖

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Anneb

Hi Margy,

Welcome back!! So glad you got it sorted and could get on here..

I hope you have had a lovely weekend with your sister, enjoying lots of Australian wine!

Looking forward to chatting soon,

Lou xx

😁💛🧡

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 83 mod

@Anneb @Sunshinedaff

Oh great.Welcome back Margy, Mary and I were thinking of you yesterday. I figured out how to show our photographs on our smart 55in TV screen and we had a lovely session looking at some Australian ones from eight years ago. We know that we will probably not be able to return to Oz but we have our videos and photographs to remind us of the wonderful times we had and the lovely people we met.

We didn’t take these particular pics in the Blue Mountains, but they show the height of the Scenic Skyway and the angle of the steepest railway in the World both of which we travelled. The Skyway has a glass floor which was rather disconcerting but Wow, what an experience.

Haha Lou. Yes, we can still enjoy the Australian wine. We rarely drink anything else these days.Cheers 🍷🍷😉xx