Home Cancer Forum Cancer Coffee Break

Looking forwards...

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 19 in Cancer Coffee Break
Saw this on the FB page, but thought it so good, I wanted to share it with all of you lovely people.

Comments

• hessomhessom Posts: 115 Community Admin
    @Sunshinedaff that's lovely :) applicable to life in general and a nice thought just before the new year!
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Lou

That is just brilliant.  I have to admit that when I was diagnosed with cancer I did tend to look back and wonder if I had achieved everything I should have done, or if I had wasted my life. Fortunately, I accepted counselling and began to realise that I had to look forward and make the most of what I have left. It works and I am in a good place now. 

Rob xx 
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 600 mod
    Hi Rob, 

I do understand that completely, for me usually, that occurs at this time of year!!!! So glad the counselling helped to change your perspective. There is nothing we can do to change the past, but we can affect our future and the futures of others. This is a tricky time of year for many of us, especially remembering those who aren't here, I am always filled with memories of my family. Today would be my mum's birthday, (she and my step-dad loved New Year, they lived in Scotland), and when I was younger I would always spend New Year with my sister, usually worrying about my dad who would most probably be on his own. Interestingly, it is these memories that come to my mind before any others with my own husband and children. Sometimes very strange.

Hope you have a good evening, quiet one for us, one daughter out, the other in with us.

Lou x