Homeβ€Ί Cancer Expert Q&A Hubβ€Ί Cancer Coffee Break

Good morning....

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning everyone, πŸ˜€

How are you all doing? Does anyone have any news to share?

Is there anything in particular people would like to talk about?

I am looking out at a bright start, but heavy cloud too, no doubt it will rain again. 😎🌦️

Chat to you all soon,

Lou x

Comments

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff

Good afternoon Lou and friends.

Well, we have a lovely day today and Mary and I took a bus into town this morning. It meant a lot to me because I have not been able to get about for a while as you will know. We sat in Liberation Square, so named as it commemorates the Liberation of Jersey which took place on 9th May 1945.

The weather was sunny and warm and my face is rather red through sitting in it for a little too long. There are some nice cafΓ©s and restaurants in the Square and we enjoyed a sensible fat free lunch and I somehow (with Mary’s help) managed to avoid the temptations of cake and/or ice cream.

Liberation Day is normally a day of huge celebration with flags, bands, vintage car displays and street parties but this year, of course, that was not possible. Hopefully, next year the celebrations will be bigger and better than ever.

Here is a photograph of the sculpture in Liberation Square.

Rob xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JerseyBob

Hi Rob,

This is an amazing sculpture, a great remembrance of a significant time in history. Great you and Mary are able to get out into town for a while. Bless you trying to keep to the healthy options, it isn't always easy. Sometimes it doesn't matter. As you know we live in a home where the opposite is necessary, but we struggle with how it affects us! I should be swimming this week as the pool has opened, but I am not well enough with this rotten cold! haha, the best laid plans of mice and men...

Last night we went to the pub for a meal to celebrate Phoebe passing her driving test yesterday, which is fantastic for her. It was cancelled twice due to covid, so it was brilliant it went ahead.

It has been dreadful weather here since last week I am not sure how much more rain we can have. I am sure the heavens must be empty by now! But still it comes...hahaha.

I hope you both have a great evening, chat soon,

Lou xx

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff

Good afternoon Lou

So sorry to hear about your cold. I know how much you will have been looking forward to swimming again after such a long wait. Hopefully all is now well.

Well done Phoebe and how lovely being able to celebrate with a pub meal. It seems such a long time since we have been able to do normal things.

MacMillan are operating normally now and we are having coffee mornings, afternoon teas, reflexology, reiki, exercise classes, music for relaxation sessions etc.etc. It is lovely to be back in the swing of things. A number of the regulars live on their own and have been isolating which has been particularly hard on them.

It has been very warm today though not sunny. Apparently, it is going to be seriously hot tomorrow and we have dug out our sun hats and sun creams in anticipation.

In the meantime, Manchester City face Chelsea in the European Cup Final this evening. No guesses as to which team I am supporting.

Enjoy the good weather.

Rob xx