Us as people not the disease!

Can we not talk about us as people, post lovely photos of where we live , our pets our hobbies when we were well, and will do again! It's all so depressing,  need a bit of joy to keep us going! Xx

Comments

• LesleyLesley Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    My baby boy Barney ! 😍
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    @Lesley

Gorgeous!!! 😀

Definitely agree with you, talking about life, things that encourage us and bring hope is so important. We do need joy, sometimes when we are so unwell and hope and joy seem to have deserted us, it is then that others can lift us. 

Lou x
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    @lesley ;

Yes, what a good idea to get to know a little about each other as people with families, animals and homes.  I absolutely agree that we should not be defined by our illnesses. 
    Here is a photograph of me at home wishing everyone who sees this, a very Happy New Year and good progress in 2019. I think your Barney is better looking and a lot more cuddly, but we don't have a dog and my wife is a bit shy at the moment, so it is the best I can do. 

Cheers
    Rob xx 

@RobertA

Hi Rob, 

Brilliant! 🤣🤣

I would put a Christmas pic up, but I am useless at taking selfies, so will wait until someone around to take one! Haha!
    Very best wishes to you and your lovely wife! 

Lou x
    Thank you Lou,yes my Barney is quite a little character!Brings joy to my life!😊Rob! Love the photo!!Love the Christmas tree! Love the glass of Red! Please dont tell me its Ribena!🙄
    @Lesley

Lesley....🤣🤣🤣🤣.....Ribena??!!.😂😂😂!! 
    (All joking aside I do understand having alcohol whilst on cancer treatment not to be recommended).

x
    If i dont get back on line tomorrow, Mother in law coming to stay! I would love to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!😊💋xxx
    @Lesley

Hi Lesley.

Ok, best wishes to you for the New Year. Hope and good things for 2019, enjoy your celebrations 😀🌠🕊️🎉

Lou x 
    I know im being naughty,  getting back to feeling normal having a break between seeing oncologist and starting new regime! I am definitely not drinking Ribena! But as said before Mother in Law coming tomorrow! Thats enough to stop anyone in their tracts!🤤🤣xx
    I’m definitely not drinking Ribena either. A nice Shiraz - and I had two  🍷🍷

Lets all enjoy the celebrations. We deserve it.

Rob xx

Well done! Rob! 👍
    My Daughter sent me this Beautiful cross stitch card that she made herself! I am over the moon! She must have spent so many hours doing it! It's priceless to me! Funny how the worst of times can sometimes be the best!🤔☺
    @Lesley

That is beautiful, how lovely of your daughter to take the time to do it. It is a lovely design.  I love doing cross stitch, it is so relaxing, plus it helps to do something in the evenings when watching TV to help keep my hands away from the sweets and biscuits! 😂
    Yes, in the midst of tough times, we see rays of sunshine that heal our hearts. 
    ♥️

Lou x

Thanks Lou! I love making needle felted animals and birds,haven't done much lately ,my family giving me much encouragement ,but, have to be in the right mindset, will do it again soon though xx
    Yes I will cherish that little picture! Going out tomorrow to find a lovely frame! 😊xx
    Hi Lesley @Lesley

What a lovely gift from your daughter. She is clearly very caring and loving. 

Know what you mean about being in the right mindset.  I stopped playing my piano for several weeks last year. My mind had too much going on and I lost interest.  Funny that my wife, Mary, who was always complaining about the noise (as if!) suddenly started missing it. She daren’t complain now. 😈
    Hopefully you will feel a lot more settled after tomorrow. 

Rob xx
    Yes hopefully everything will be fine in the end!🤞No ! Everything will be fine in the end! 🤗🤗🤗
    Took a walk along the beach at 5.00pm today. This is St Ouen's Bay Jersey. It is nearly five miles long and on the West Coast and at 3000 miles to land in the USA it is great for surfing. Not by me I hasten to add.
    Rob

@RobertA ;

Hi Rob, 

Wow! Fantastic photo, how gorgeous! Looks beautiful. So peaceful, I can hear the sound of the waves as they roll in, the smell of salt in the air. The sunset here was beautiful too. 

Lou x
    I was chatting yesterday about swimming with @Birkin345 , talking about saunas etc. I put a pic up, I forgot I could have put it here. Going to try now! Should be fun.....=) =) 

Swimming with dolphins in Florida 2017.
    Hi Lou
    Fantastic photo
    Love your happy smile, lucky you. What an experience and great that we won't let cancer take over our lives. 

Hope Lesley is coping OK. I do miss her warmth and sense of fun. 

Rob x 
    Hi Rob, 

Thank you! It was awesome, we were talking about it today. 

Yes, been thinking about Lesley too .I did send her a post the other day. Hopefully she'll be back soon. Chemo days are so tough. 

Lou x
       Lou and Rob!   Hello my dear friends! I'm back! Hanging in there! Loving your photos! Really cheered me up! Very tired at the moment but do think I am coping better this time! Onwards and upwards! 😗😙😚
    Lesley! 😄😄
    How lovely to hear from you! 
    We have been holding you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Keep resting, slowly does it. Fantastic you are doing better than last time. 
    ♥️♥️

Lou xx
    Dear Lesley
    You are back. 👍😀. Thanks for posting. No pressure, but we have been thinking of you. So pleased you are coping better this time, it must be really tough, but you will win through and then it will all have been worthwhile. 🎉

Rob xx
    Gentle hugs to you both! 😙
  • hessomhessom Posts: 96 Community Admin
    Hi @Lesley I just wanted to say, I love that you started this thread! And Barney looks like a good boy  :)
  • Heidi1980Heidi1980 Posts: 2
    Love this idea! Here I am on Christmas Day, two weeks after my last chemo and a pulmonary embolism!!  =) 

Whereas today I’m under a blanket after chemo round 7 (trying to work out what I can eat to stave nausea). Oh the ups and downs of cancer life!!

xxx
    @Heidi1980

Wow! Heidi, you look great there. Fantastic photo. 
    Something like that is encouraging to look at, to help you through this bit. 

Lou x
    Hi Folks! Feeling much better today! Think im getting there! Loving the photo Heidi! I admire you for even being able to balance on the snowboard! Awesome!
    As promised posting Snowdrops from the woods near us! Xx