Bad reaction to Chemo

Well had the first week of chemo ,infusion day one then tablets each day ,felt soooo  bad by Christmas day the doctors said to stop taking them! A Christmas I'd like to forget! See oncologist next Tuesday, Oh I do hope they can come up with something a bit kinder! 😕

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lesley

Hi Lesley,

So sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time from your first chemo.
    I hope you are now picking up having stopped the meds, and hopefully on Tuesday your oncologist will be able to start you on something else. Meanwhile I hope you are able to rest, thinking of you. 

Take care 

Lou x
  • LesleyLesley Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Lou, all a bit rubbish at the moment, decided to have my Christmas day today! Feeling better now ,so having a glass of wine and mince pie!🌲
    Just uploaded my pic! That was way before my diagnosis! But will get back to looking that happy again!🤞
    @Lesley
    Hi Lesley, 
    That's a lovely photo of you! 
    Brilliant you have been able to have Christmas Day today, there are no rules to say it has to be on the 25th!
    Enjoy! Glad you are feeling a bit better. 

Lou x
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭
    @lesley ;
    Yes, a great photo. Look forward to hearing that the chemo is getting easier to cope with as you go forward in your treatment. 
    You were lucky to have a mince pie. I have combed the shops here in Jersey and they were all sold out by today. Had to make do with a piece of fruit cake and the remnants of a chocolate orange. 

Rob x 
    Husband has a secret stash! I pinched one of his!😉x
    Just been to Lincoln Uk and bought a new cabinet to house all my Hospital notes! 
  • DebraDebra Posts: 3
    Ah I can relate to that! I had a bad reaction on first course, had to come off after 5 days but had a 2 week break and started again side effects more manageable although i’ve felt really unwell the last couple of days. Enjoy the rest of Christmas then hopefully you can get back in track when you see your oncologist take care 
    Debbie 
    Thanks Debbie, yes will go for it! I sound so much positive than what I feel! Will definitely let you know how it goes! 🤞xx
    You are a newbie like me, it's all a bit weird! Bit scary!😦
    @Lesley
    Hi Lesley,
    Love the new cabinet, very stylish...too good for medical notes haha, jolly things, I have a huge expanding file with all my stuff in! 

@Debra

Hi Debbie,
    Welcome! I hope you pick up soon in the next few days. Chemo is very hard, I remember just counting each day, thinking ok I've got to the end of, or got through day 1,2,3 etc, then waking up thinking ok I got through the night. I do feel for you, hope things improve. 

Lou x
  • DebraDebra Posts: 3
    Thank you Lou, yes you just have to take each day as it comes and make the most of the good ones without overdoing it
    debbie x
    Hi Debbie hope things are ok with you xx Lesley
    Hello seen my oncologist she suggested reducing chemo tablets by a quarter but still full on infusion! See how I can tolerate that🤞Starts again on Thursday! Try again!! 🤦‍♀️xx
    Hi @Lesley and @Debra
    Hope you both enjoyed your Christmas in spite of feeling unwell. Good luck with your reduced tablets Lesley.
    I had too much alcohol and pud.  These days a ‘Happy Hour’ for me is a nice nap. 

Rob x

Hi @Lesley
    I hope the reduced meds will be easier for you to tolerate and cope with. Hang in there my friend. ♥️🙏🤗

Hi Rob, 
    Still, even now working through the mince pies. Not just any mince pies mind.....haha. I fell asleep this afternoon, couldn't stay awake. X

Lou x
    Evening Lou
    Your mince pies sound a bit like the ones my Mum used to make. There was so much brandy in them, it would squirt out when you took a bite. 

Rob x 
    Thanks Lou ! Thanks Rob! Oh! Rob you are funny! 🤣Cheered me up! Will keep you both posted! Xx
    Hi Lesley
    Better not encourage me. The jokes get older and dafter. 
    Rob x
    Looking forward to those Rob! 🤣
    Been shopping today in Lincoln,  prepared now! One of the side effects of my chemo was everything cold really hurt! Couldn't even drink cold water that was the worse ever! Having to drink luke warm water was horrible! Hands were really painfull if in contact with anything slightly cold!🤤Now bought hat gloves,and thermal leggings to go under trousers!🤥At least I know what I'm in for now! 🤔xx
    Will be posting a picture of our first snowdrops in our woods! Tomorrow ☺xx
    Hello maybe a little time till l post next ,hopefully it will be fine!🤞Had lovely time with my daughter! She drove up from Portsmouth with her miniture dachshund  who has a big  attitude 🤣 Speak to you soon after treatment on Thursday! Love to you all xxx
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 264 mod
    Hi Lesley, 

Will be thinking of you on Thursday, you can do it (...we can help...one calorie, one calorie, diet pepsi can help!...sorry!!! =) ...was in my head as soon as I typed!). Seriously, you can do it...just keep taking a day at a time. Lovely for you to have a visit from your daughter.
    Chat soon.
     <3 

Lou x
    Hi Lesley, me again.

Your daugter sounds so lovely. How does her mini dachsund with the big attitude get on with Barney? 
    As Lou says, we will be thinking of you tomorrow. Will miss your posts. Take good care.

Rob xx
    Hello Lou and Rob! Mini Dachshund is called Charlie! Absolute Nightmare! Got no manners at all! Driven us mad ! My poor Barney beside himself! He keeps being blamed for Charlie's whoopies 💩 🤐
    Thank you both for your support, so lovley, xxx